While dairy is one of my four basic food groups, gluten is not. This easy seven-ingredient gluten-free mac and cheese is great for college students on a budget looking to kill a craving. All of the ingredients can be found at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, two popular chains that are almost anywhere. The two harder to find gluten-free ingredients are the pasta and breadcrumbs. However, your preferred gluten-free noodles and breadcrumb topping will work just was well. 

Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese

• 1 box Ancient Harvest Super grain pasta
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 18 oz sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 tablespoon butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 tablespoons gluten-free breadcrumbs
Dominique Evans

Bring a pot of water to a boil and preheat oven to 350ºF. Add pasta to water and let cook for 6 minutes.

Strain pasta and rinse in cold water. Set aside.

Dominique Evans

In the same pot, add butter, salt, and pepper. Stir until the butter melts. Add milk and stir until it gets warm.

Dominique Evans

Add 12 oz of cheese into the pot. Mix until the cheese has melted and is fully combined.

Dominique Evans

Turn off heat and add pasta. Stir until it the noodles are coated well. Add 3 oz of cheese and stir.

Pour mac and cheese into a prepared pan. Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese and breadcrumbs on top.

Dominique Evans

Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool and enjoy.

Dominique Evans

This crunchy, cheesy and warm gluten-free mac and cheese is great for the chilly fall season. It can be made one day to treat yourself or for a holiday to show your family and friends how good gluten-free can be!