Nine Dragons in Walt Disney World's EPCOT is one of the best restaurants on property. It has Honey Sesame Chicken, Canton Pepper Beef and an amazing Chinese Cucumber Salad. 

Walt Disney World is known for having some amazing food from the classic to the unexpected. There are tons of websites and cookbooks dedicated to recreating meals from around the parks. This recipe is my family's take on one of our favorite dishes.

Chinese Cucumber Salad

• Cook Time:1 day 20 mins
  • Total Time:1 day 30 mins

• 2 English cucumbers
  • 3 crushed cloves garlic
  • 2 tablespoons ginger
  • 3 small dried chilis I used dried Arbol chilis
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup white vinegar
  • 1 pinch salt
vegetable, herb, marinated cucumber, cucumber, pickled cucumber, oil
Kara Schiaparelli

Heat a little bit of oil in a saucepan and add in the dried chilis and stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes. This is really to taste so if you want the salad to be spicier, then add some extra chilis.

wine, coffee, alcohol, tea
    Kara Schiaparelli

Add the crushed garlic cloves and ginger. Let them fry until fragrant.

wine
    Kara Schiaparelli

Measure out the sugar and the white vinegar and add both to the saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.

soup
    Kara Schiaparelli

Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the liquid into another container to cool down.

coffee, tea, milk
    Kara Schiaparelli

While the liquid is cooling, seed and cut the 2 cucumbers into 1/2 inch pieces. Put the sliced cucumbers in a colander over a bowl and toss them with salt. Allow them to sit for at least 20 minutes to drain some of their water out.

vegetable, zucchini
    Kara Schiaparelli

Once the cucumbers have drained, dry them off with a cloth towel to get any excess moisture out.

cucumber, zucchini, vegetable, salad, courgette
    Kara Schiaparelli

Grab a container and put the cucumbers in it. Then pour the cooled liquid over them.

cucumber, vegetable
    Kara Schiaparelli

Seal or cover your container and refrigerate them for at least 24 hours.

Kara Schiaparelli

Enjoy this crisp, cold and spicy salad!

vegetable, salad, marinated cucumber, oil
    Kara Schiaparelli

One of the reasons why this is one of my favorite salads to make is because it's has the perfect balance of flavors. You get the spice from the chilis, a bit of sweetness from the sugar and some acidity from the vinegar.

So instead of just dreaming that you're at a Disney park, recreate some of your favorite Disney meals and you'll practically be there (without the heat and screaming kids).