If you haven't heard of them, pizookie's are the infamous cookie pizza dessert served at BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse. It is a cookie flavor of your choice served warm in a skillet and topped with ice cream. It sounds so simple, but they are so delicious! The peanut butter s'mores flavor pizookie is my favorite, even though the classic chocolate chunk flavor comes in a close second. It is rich, decadent and everything you could want in a warm, gooey dessert.

It isn't ideal to go out for dessert every night, because a full size pizookie is $7.25. I bought the ingredients to make this pizookie for under $6 and it serves at least six people compared to the one at BJ's that serves 2-3. You can also reuse the ingredients you bought to make more pizookies in the future, so it saves you even more money in the long run. I bought all of the ingredients from Walmart's Great Value brand and some of these ingredients you may already own (such as peanut butter or vanilla ice cream). I already had creamy peanut butter, so I did not include that in my total price.

Copycat Peanut Butter Smore's Pizookie

• Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
  • Creamy Peanut Butter
  • Marshmallow Fluff
  • Large Marshmallows
  • Vanilla Ice Cream
Kathryn Ward

Make the packaged cookie mix and pour it evenly into your skillet. My skillet was about 7 inches, but the size is up to you.

Kathryn Ward

Bake in the oven at 375F for 25 minutes. The cooking time on the cookie mix says 13 minutes, but since we are baking the whole package in one skillet it needs longer to bake through.

Kathryn Ward

Once your cookie is baked through, spread an even layer of peanut butter over the cookie. The peanut butter will become melted as you spread it over the hot cookie but that’s okay!

Kathryn Ward

Over the layer of peanut butter, spread a layer of marshmallow fluff. The marshmallow fluff may be hard to spread and mix in with your peanut butter, but it is all being eaten together anyways so don’t worry if this happens.

Kathryn Ward

Cut your marshmallows in half and place them on top to cover the entire surface of your cookie.

Kathryn Ward

Turn your oven to broil and place the skillet back in the oven on the top shelf to brown the marshmallows. Watch this step carefully because the marshmallows will brown quickly.

Kathryn Ward

Once the marshmallows are browned to your liking, take the skillet, place a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream on top and enjoy!

Kathryn Ward

I didn't measure any of the ingredients used because it's all to your preference on how you want your pizookie. This dessert is so sweet it almost hurts your teeth, so if you have a strong sweet tooth (like me) this will give you the fix.

#SpoonTip: If you don't have enough people or belly room to finish the pizookie, cut it out of the skillet and place it in a container in the fridge. You can heat it up the next day and it's just as good!