Apples are timeless; although they satisfy as a crisp and refreshing snack in the summer and spring, apples can easily turn into a spicy and warm treat for the fall and winter seasons with a little cinnamon. Whenever I have too many apples on my hand, and I’m craving some of this spicy holiday warmth, I make my apple crepe cake recipe. This recipe is a perfect for delving back to nostalgic times of cinnamon apples or discovering a new way to see and taste apples. 

Cinnamon Apple Crepe Cake With Apple Cinnamon Sauce

• 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 1 tbsp white sugar
  • 1 cup flour
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • 4 eggs
  • pinch salt
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp all spice optional
  • 1 apple
  • 1 tbsp orange juice
  • 1/8 cup brown sugar
  • pinch salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 2 tbsp white sugar
  • 1 tsp corn starch
Danielle Chen

Assemble all crepe ingredients: milk, warm water, sugar, flour, butter, eggs, and spices. Melt butter in a separate bowl.

Danielle Chen

Mix all crepe ingredients very well.

#SpoonTip: Blend all items in a blender for 30 to 60 seconds to make this step easier.

Danielle Chen

Pre-heat pan on the stove on medium high heat with some butter or oil. Poor in batter until the bottom of the pan is evenly coated. My pan was 6 inches in diameter, so it took a little under 1/4 cup of batter.

Danielle Chen

Cook on one side for about 30 to 60 seconds, or until sides of crepe are golden brown.

Danielle Chen

With a spatula, flip crepe to other side and cook for 30 seconds.

Danielle Chen

Place crepe on plate to cool and repeat steps 3 to 5 until you have made around 15 crepes. I still had 1/3 of my batter left after 15 crepes, but it really depends on the size of the pan.

Danielle Chen

As the crepes cool, assemble all ingredients for apple component: apple, orange juice, white sugar, spices.

Danielle Chen

Peel and thinly slice apple.

Danielle Chen

Place all ingredients in bowl and microwave for 1 minute.

Danielle Chen

Mix and microwave for another 30 seconds or until the apple slices are soft.

Danielle Chen

As apple slices cool, make the whipped cream.

Danielle Chen

In a clean mixing bowl, use a mix, hand mixer, or blender to whip the heavy cream and sugar until peaks form. Be careful not to over-whisk, or else it will turn clumpy. If cream does begin to separate, mix in a couple more tablespoons of heavy whipping cream with a whisk.

Danielle Chen

Time to assemble crepe cake! Place one crepe on a clean plate.

Danielle Chen

Place enough whipped cream to cover crepe.

Danielle Chen

Place another crepe on top and spread a thin layer of cream on that crepe. Add sliced apples to crepe.

Danielle Chen

Repeat steps 13 to 15 until crepe cake is at desired height.

Danielle Chen

Add corn starch to remaining sauce from apples. Mix and microwave for 1 minute.

Danielle Chen

Garnish crepe cake with remaining sauce from apples and enjoy. Top with whipped cream and cinnamon as well, if desired.

Danielle Chen

Although made from simple ingredients, the layering of this cake transforms them into a unique dessert that is sure to impress for the holidays. If the idea of a layered cake seems too daunting, remember it’s easy to transform this recipe into a simple crepe recipe. Just use the apple compote and cream as a filling for individual crepes. Whether it be a simple crepe or a layered crepe cake, this recipe provides the foundations from the filling, sauce, to crepe.