Every year around the holidays, I bust out some Fudge Stripes, marshmallows, and chocolate chips to make something magical. This chocolate-covered dessert doesn't just taste amazing—it's efficient, and that's why I've been making them for so long. 

Having family over for a Thanksgiving feast? Present them with some quaint Pilgrim Hats. Closer to Christmas? Show up to you relatives' place with Snowmen Hats. Whatever the occasion, these are sure to please.

Pilgrim (or Snowmen) Hats

• Prep Time:20 secs
  • Cook Time:15 secs
  • Total Time:35 secs

• 1 package Fudge Stripes
  • 1 package marshmallows
  • 1-2 bags chocolate chips
dairy product, sweet, milk
Hailey Tom

Wrap your baking pan with tinfoil (or parchment paper) to making cleaning up after a hell of a lot easier. Because, trust me, chocolate will get EVERYWHERE.

chocolate, candy, sweet, milk
    Hailey Tom

Line up rows of Fudge Stripes—however many fit on the pan.

peanut, peanut butter, butter, chocolate
    Hailey Tom

Quickly eat the ones that don’t fit while no one is looking (or save them for later).

peanut butter, peanut, butter, chocolate, cookie
    Hailey Tom

Set up a double-boiler. If you don’t actually own one (like me), you can always make one, because you’re an innovative baker and dedicated to the holidays.

coffee, soup, tea
    Hailey Tom

Melt the chocolate chips until they are smooth and creamy.

chocolate, milk, cream, chocolate mousse, mousse, goody, candy, sweet
    Hailey Tom

Dunk the marshmallows in the melted chocolate. You can do this with a fork...

chocolate, pudding, fudge
    Hailey Tom

Or with your hands. Because, honestly, you’re going to be covered in a thick layer of rich, wondrous chocolate no matter what, so just go for it.

chocolate, milk, sweet, candy, cream
    Hailey Tom

Place the chocolate-covered marshmallow on one of the Fudge Stripes and repeat the process until all are covered. Assemble an army of Hats.

chocolate, candy, sweet, milk
    Hailey Tom

Place in the fridge until hardened, about fifteen minutes or so. Make some art while you wait, and that time will fly right by.

chocolate, milk, candy, cream, sweet, milk chocolate, dairy product
    Hailey Tom

Arrange on a pretty plate so you can admire those gorgeous chocolate swirls.

chocolate, cake, candy, sweet
    Hailey Tom

Consume.

chocolate, cream, ice cream, ice, peanut, peanut butter
    Hailey Tom

If you're looking for a dessert that takes only a few minutes and requires only a handful of ingredients that you could get at almost any convenience store—and one that's so, so simple—then this is for you. And, as always, you can use those extra Fudge Stripes to dip in the leftover chocolate because, hey, you're eliminating waste. Happy Holidays! 

chocolate, doughnut, cake, dough, peanut butter
Hailey Tom