If you are anything like me, a batch of chocolate chip cookies may last you 2 days, if we're being generous. Though after polishing off the last one, a sense of overwhelming guilt might fill you. Guilt, probably relating to that New Year's resolution you were never going to follow anyways. Well, throw that dreaded feeling out along with those resolutions, because I discovered chocolate chip cookies you don't have to feel guilty about, and the solution is avocado, because when isn't it? With the addition of oatmeal -which contrary to modern trends, is not strictly reserved for facemasks- this recipe makes for a yummy, melty combo.  

I found this recipe on Poised Perfection, and it offers a quick, easy, and healthy rendition to the regular chocolate chip cookie. That is, if you consider "healthy" to mean adding oatmeal and avocado to normally unhealthy dishes. Semantics aside, these delicious and chewy cookies will not only justify your binge session with their avocado-y goodness, but they'll also leave you constantly wondering what else you can add avocado and oatmeal to.

Avocado Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

• Prep Time:1 hr 15 mins
  • Total Time:1 hr 33 mins

• 1 medium ripe avocado
  • 1 stick salted butter softened
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 1/2 cups quick oats
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
cookie, chocolate

Preheat the oven to 325°F. Scoop avocado into bowl and mix with butter and brown sugar. Add eggs individually and mix until combined.

gif

Slowly mix in flour, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

gif

Stir in quick oats and chocolate chips and cool for 1 hour.

gif

Scoop spoonfuls of mixture 2 inches apart on a baking sheet, and flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in water.

gif

Bake for 18 minutes, or until golden brown and enjoy!

gif

After seeing how easy these are to make, you'll find yourself making healthier decisions more often!