Whether you're sprinkling it on a yogurt bowl, tossing it on top of a smoothie, or grabbing a handful as you run out the door, Chai Spice Granola is the perfect way to make a quick weekday breakfast feel special. 

This recipe captures the flavors of a spicy, sweet, comforting chai latte in a super convenient form and it's beyond easy to make. In fact, it only requires two steps, 20 minutes and seven simple ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry.

Even better, the spices that give this granola it's delicious chai-inspired flavor also provide health benefits. A study published in the Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine found that cinnamon has significant antioxidant properties, perhaps due to the flavonoids present in the plant.

Studies have also found that ginger, which is commonly used as a cure for ailments, has notable anti-inflammatory properties. According to a study published in the International Journal of Preventative Medicine found that ginger "can treat a wide range of diseases via immunonutrition and anti-inflammatory responses." As if anyone needed another reason to enjoy this granola as a post-workout snack!

This recipe can also easily be adapted to your dietary preferences. Simply use certified gluten free oats for gluten-free granola, replace the nuts with sunflower seeds, or make it vegan by using coconut oil in place of the butter.

Chai Spice Granola

• 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup roughly chopped raw nuts
  • 1 tbsp flaxseeds
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ginger
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
Katherine Weltzien

In a medium mixing bowl, stir together butter, brown sugar, oats, nuts, chia seeds and spices. Stir until well combined.

Katherine Weltzien

Spread granola on lined baking sheet and bake at 350 ºF for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.

Katherine Weltzien

Chai spice granola is a great option to have on hand for busy mornings, as it is both fun and nutritious. And if you are tight on time or money, it also makes a wonderful homemade gift! Simply fill a big jar with chai spice granola (bonus points if you decorate the jar), and your friends will be amazed with your thoughtfulness and baking skills.