Looking to spice up your boring breakfast? Only have a couple minutes? If you answered yes to these questions, then this recipe for breakfast baked eggs is for you. And if you answered no, then this recipe is still for you because it's just that good. Forget everything you thought you knew about breakfast eggs because this not your typical scrambled or fried egg—it's baked! 

Baked Egg Quiche Cups

• 6 eggs
  • 6 slices deli ham
  • 1/4 cup grape tomatoes quartered
  • 1/4 cup baby spinach shredded
  • 2 tablespoons half & half
  • Black pepper
vegetable
Laura Lau

Preheat the oven to 350ºF.

Place paper liners in the cups of a muffin tin. Fold the slices of ham to fit into the cups.

butter, peanut, chocolate, peanut butter
    Laura Lau

Beat the eggs and half & half together in a separate bowl. After mixing thoroughly, add pepper to taste.

chicken, egg
    Laura Lau

Take the quartered grape tomatoes and place about 5-6 pieces in each cup.

chocolate
    Laura Lau

Next, add some shredded spinach and press it all down into the cup. Add the egg mixture to the cups, careful not to overfill them. The eggs will puff up a little bit, so leave some room.

avocado
    Laura Lau

Bake the cups for about 25 minutes. Once you start smelling them, check them often. You'll know they're done when you shake the muffin tin and they don't jiggle. Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy.

egg, pizza, basil, spinach, cheese
    Laura Lau

Breakfast baked eggs are my favorite thing to have in the morning before I run out the door. I make mine the night before and microwave them for a quick and yummy breakfast. I like to pair mine with a smoothie, like one of these, or with a simple glass of orange juice. Here are some other great breakfast baked egg options too: this one is a baked egg in an avocado, this one is a sausage, egg, and cheese baked sweet potato, and here you can find a ton more options. Next time you're in a rush or looking for a new way to spice up your breakfast, have a baked egg!

Some other great breakfast baked egg options include a baked egg in an avocado or a sausage, egg, and cheese baked sweet potato. Next time you're in a rush or looking for a new way to spice up your breakfast, have a baked egg!