When I wake up in the morning, the first things that I reach for are a smoothie and caffeine. Tbh I wish that I was one of those people that drank lemon water, or took a morning shot of apple cider vinegar, but I'm more about the coffee. This matcha mango smoothie is the perfect solution for me; the matcha gives you an extra boost of energy in the morning, while the mango keeps the smoothie tasting sweet. It's like caffeine and breakfast, all in one glass.

Green Matcha Mango Smoothie

• Cook Time:0

• 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup frozen mango
  • 2 teaspoons matcha powder
  • 1 pitted Medjool date
  • Pinch salt
sweet, cream, vegetable, dairy product
Jody Brimacombe

In a blender, combine almond milk, banana, mango, matcha powder, date, and salt.

salt, avocado
    Jody Brimacombe

Blend on low speed for two minutes, or until the smoothie is thick and creamy. You might need to pause between blending to stir the smoothie with a spoon.

herb, vegetable, dairy product, cream
    Jody Brimacombe

Pour the smoothie into a glass. Garnish with desired toppings, such as coconut, pumpkin seeds, or raspberries.

panna cotta, mousse, cream, dairy product, avocado, sweet
    Jody Brimacombe

Add some vanilla protein powder to make this matcha mango smoothie into a post-workout snack or a high-protein breakfast. Feeling the green tea vibes? Check out these matcha recipes for more unique ways to incorporate matcha into your life.