February is filled with many special events: Valentine's Day, President's Day, National Nutella Day and National Pizza Day. We know you are thinking, "What could make this month any better?" The answer is the Super Bowl. Almost everyone in America will say that their favorite part of this day is the game, but we all know that is just not the truth. The best part is undeniably the half time show and of course, the food. You will never find a true Super Bowl party without chicken wings, but now it's 2018 and it's time we get more creative. Get rid of the typical buffalo wings that are present every year, and replace them with one of these five delicious substitutes. 

Sriracha

For all you hipsters out there carrying Sriracha on your keychain, this is totally the perfect type for you. Add a kick to your night with these spicy wings, and you definitely won't be disappointed.

Teriyaki

If you are that person that orders chicken teriyaki when you and your friends go out for sushi, then these are right up your alley. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top to complete the look and taste of your chicken wings.

Barbecue

You can’t go wrong with this all-American flavor. I mean, would it really be a successful night if you didn’t end up having barbecue sauce on your face?

Grilled

All of you health freaks can enjoy a good chicken wing, too! Load on some spices and throw the wings on the grill instead of frying them for a delicious, healthier snack. 

Maple-Chipotle

Make these sweet, yet spicy wings to surprise your guests, just like the outcome of the game will. A party is never complete without some unpredictable events, and of course, some great food.

And there you have it—a new way to upgrade those average buffalo wings. No matter which team you are rooting for, these wings are sure to score a touch down.