I'm sure we've all had chocolate bark before (and if you haven't, you should), but have you ever had brownie batter chocolate bark? Just the thought of this seasonal treat is making my mouth water. By simply layering different types of chocolate with brownie mix, you can create a hybrid of brownies and chocolate bark (YUM). To make it even cuter, we used candy eyes and piped white chocolate to create a mummy appearance in honor of Halloween. This brownie batter chocolate bark is sure to be a hit at any Halloween party. It is so good, even your mummy will approve. 

Mummy Bark

• Cook Time:0

• 1 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate
  • 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons butter softened
  • 1 package 18.4 ounces brownie mix
  • 2 cups white chocolate separated
  • Large and small candy eyes
Sidney Uttam

Place a nonstick baking sheet or parchment paper on a large cookie sheet.

Sidney Uttam

Melt the milk chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, stirring the mixture every 15 seconds until almost completely melted.

Sidney Uttam

Pour the melted chocolate evenly over half of the baking sheet and then spread until smooth with a spatula.

Sidney Uttam

Place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes or until it has hardened. Meanwhile, combine the brownie mix and butter (do not include the ingredients listed on the box). Beat together with hand mixers until a thick dough forms. If the dough is too crumbly, add a bit more butter.

Sidney Uttam

Knead the brownie batter with your hands and then flatten into even discs of batter. Press those discs of batter together on top of the hardened chocolate and mash together with your hands until an even layer of brownie batter is formed over the hardened chocolate.

Sidney Uttam

Place in the fridge while preparing the white chocolate. Melt 3/4 cups of white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 15 seconds until almost completely melted.

Sidney Uttam

Pour the melted chocolate evenly over the brownie batter layer and smooth with a spatula. You must immediately press large and small candy eyes all over the white chocolate in random places.

Sidney Uttam

Place in the fridge and melt the remaining 1/4 cup of white chocolate, stirring every 15 seconds until almost completely melted. Pour this melted white chocolate into a small plastic bag or piping bag. Cut off the tip of the bag with scissors and "pipe" the melted chocolate over the bark to create a mummy appearance.

Sidney Uttam

Allow the bark to completely harden in the fridge then carefully cut the bark into pieces using a large knife.

Sidney Uttam

People would never guess how easy this recipe is, it doesn't even require you to turn on an oven. By simply melting chocolate and using boxed brownie mix, you can create a decadent Halloween treat in less than 20 minutes. Thanks to this recipe, you will surely be the life of the party this Halloween. Don't be afraid to double to recipe and make a full tray, because this mummy brownie chocolate bark will go fast.