You've been invited somewhere and have been asked to bring a dessert. You've got an hour until the party and your fridge is practically empty, except... wait... what's that?! CRESCENT ROLLS! 

Crescent rolls are not only a great side to your family dinner, but they can also be used to whip up a quick and tasty dessert sure to please even the pickiest eater. These recipes have been tried and tested by my taste-testers and I to ensure that you only serve the best at your next event.

#SpoonTip: Each recipe should be baked at the temperature and time indicated on the crescent roll package. 

1. Cherry Pie Bites

cherry
Gabby Barnes

I will say that I had high hopes for these bad boys and WOW, they came through. All you need is a package of refrigerated crescent roll dough and cherry pie filling and you're good to go. Just place the dough inside the cupcake tin and add a spoonful of the filling before folding them over. 

cream
Gabby Barnes

#SpoonTip: I recommend drizzling them with vanilla icing or topping them off with vanilla ice cream.  

2. Cinnamon Apple Bites

Gabby Barnes

A true American classic in bite-sized form. For these, you'll need the crescent roll dough, thinly sliced apples dipped in melted butter, and a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon.

All you have to do is spread the brown sugar mixture on the inside of the dough, place 3-4 thinly sliced apples at the wide edge of the dough, roll those puppies and bake until golden brown. Also, topping them off with vanilla ice cream is encouraged. 

3. Cinnamon Crescent Rolls

cream, cinnamon
Gabby Barnes

These cinnamon roll crescents are perfect for Sunday brunch or an on-the-go snack. You just have to spread a generous mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon on the inside of the dough, roll them up and bake at the time indicated on the package. Once they're done, drizzle them with a little vanilla icing or even cream cheese frosting for an extra touch of sweetness. 

4. S'mores Roll-Ups 

bacon, pretzel, cheese, cinnamon
Gabby Barnes

Who says you need a campfire for s'mores? All you need to do for these are spread chocolate chips and mini marshmallows on the wide edge of the dough, roll, and bake. 

#SpoonTip: Avoid placing the mini marshmallows close to the outside of the dough, otherwise they'll leak out and you'll have a sad (but delicious) mess. 

5. Pumpkin Pie Bites 

sauce
Gabby Barnes

These pumpkin pie bites are so easy you can whip them up for your Thanksgiving dessert or just during a study break. Simply spoon a generous amount of pumpkin pie filling onto the crescent roll dough, sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon, roll, and bake until your dorm smells like fall. Just kidding, bake at the package's indicated temperature and time. 

cheese
Gabby Barnes

#SpoonTip: Be sure to use pumpkin pie filling and not canned pumpkin—you will be disappointed if you use canned pumpkin

Gabby Barnes

With these simple and delicious recipes, you're sure to be the hit of your next dinner party or study group.