Are super tired at the end of the day and don't have the energy to make a whole meal? As college students, it's normal to feel burnt out after a long day of classes, and the last thing you want to do is eat bland dining hall food or cook an elaborate meal. This list of microwave recipes includes my go-to meals for when I am feeling hangry and want something that will still taste good! Here are four quick and easy microwave recipes that even amateur cooks can make. Plus, they taste amazing and will keep you satisfied and energized for your study session!

Cozy Oatmeal Bowl

• 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup liquid choice: water or milk
  • Toppings choice: fruit maple syrup granola etc.

Add 1/2 cup of oats with 1 cup of your liquid of choice in a microwave-safe bowl.

Cook in microwave for 30-second intervals. The timing depends on the strength of your microwave, so repeat this step until the oats are at the consistency you like.

Once the oats are cooked, take them out of the microwave and add toppings.

Oatmeal has a lot of critics, but with the right cooking techniques and lots of toppings, you can make this dish taste sweet and comforting. Oatmeal is amazing because it is customizable to your liking while keeping you satisfied throughout your morning classes!

#SpoonTip: Toppings make oatmeal exciting, and there are so many combinations out there to try out! I love adding a drizzle of maple syrup, frozen blueberries, and lots of cinnamon

Loaded Sweet Potato with Almond Butter

• 1 sweet potato
  • Almond butter
  • Cinnamon

Wash and dry the whole sweet potato, then poke several holes on each side with a knife.

Microwave for 5 minutes. Once the timer goes off, flip the potato and microwave it for an additional 4-5 minutes. At this point, the potato should feel soft and mushy.

Cut open your potato with a long, horizontal slice.

Top with as much almond butter and cinnamon as you like.

The combination of sweet potato and almond butter might sound strange at first, but the soft texture of the potato with the sweet, creamy almond butter is a sensational duo. If sweet potatoes aren't your jam, you can try this out with yams or butternut squash as well. 

Nourish Bowl

• Frozen microwavable rice packets
  • Protein choice
  • Vegetable choice

Microwave your frozen rice packet according to the instructions on the box.

Choose your protein of choice: frozen chicken strips, veggie burgers, turkey burgers, etc. Cook according to the instructions on the packaging.

For extra nutrients, add in your favorite vegetable. Using pre-cooked, frozen vegetables is quick and convenient with no mess. Add frozen veggies to a microwave safe bowl and cover. Microwave for about 3-4 minutes. Add more time if needed until vegetables are fully cooked.

Assemble your rice, protein, and vegetable together. Add spices and condiments to your liking.

This microwave recipe is the perfect way to get in some protein, carbs, and veggies for an easy college dinner. Plus, it only takes about 10 minutes, which is perfect for the student on the go.

Easy Pasta Dinner

• Pasta
  • Salt
  • Water
  • Sauce

Add your pasta to a microwave safe bowl.

Pour room temperature water into the bowl until the pasta is floating slightly off of the bottom.

Before placing in the microwave, salt the water a little bit and then cover with another bowl.

Microwave for about 8 minutes, stopping to stir occasionally. The cooking time varies depending on the strength of your microwave, so alter the cooking time until the noodles cook all the way through.

Once the pasta is fully cooked, add in your sauce of choice. You can also add in extra protein or fun spices to finish off the dish.

#SpoonTip: Save a bit of your pasta water, so that when you add sauce your pasta will be thick and creamy! 

These microwave recipes will save you time and energy when you are running around campus, and you can make them all from the comfort of your dorm room or apartment. When the dining hall food looks suspicious, make one of these recipes so that you are fueled up for your day of classes and homework!