At this point, it would not be too much of an exaggeration to say that peanut butter is the glue that holds my body together. It's inexpensive, versatile, filling, (fairly) healthy, and so so delicious. It's also readily available in the dining hall throughout the day making it the perfect food for some good old dining hall hacks.

While the versatile nut butter is already a staple in many college students diets—on toast in the morning, or with a banana for a quick snack—there is so much more that peanut butter can do. 

If you are a peanut butter lover with 30 seconds or a couple minutes to spare, in the mood for something savory or something a little sweeter, a budding chef or avid microwave user, there is a way to add more peanut butter into your life with the following hacks. 

Level 1: To the dessert section. 

Let's start off easy. Love Reeses peanut butter cups? Why not spread some peanut butter on your brownie for a Reeses inspired treat. How did you not think of this before?

And don't stop there! There are so many options to upgrade your basic dining hall dessert with peanut butter. Cookies? Sure. Cupcakes? Definitely.

It doesn't just have to be for baked goods either. One of my favorite way to eat peanut butter is on an ice cream sandwich. Trust me, it's amazing.

Level 2: Breakfast, but better.

Now that you've started adding peanut butter to your desserts and decided you want to fully commit to the lifestyle, you can take it to the next level by starting your day with it.

You could just stick with a classic PB on toast, but that can quickly get boring. Instead, try adding it to some other breakfast staples. Next time you get cereal, try some peanut butter with it. It works, I promise. Not only does it taste good, but the protein will keep you fuller, longer.

If you are craving something more balanced, try a yogurt bowl. Yogurt and peanut butter? It's not as weird as it sounds. Yogurt + granola + peanut butter = a seriously amazing (and healthy) breakfast.

Level 3: PB & Stir Fry?

Yes. Stir fry. While most of us tend to use peanut butter for sweet things, it's just as amazing to go savory with. Peanut sauce, for example, is ridiculously underrated, but your Thai take out wouldn't be the same without it.

Truly inspired peanut butter lovers can go out and make their own savory PB dish with some quick and yummy sesame noodles at the stir fry station. Don't be intimidated by the following recipe. It is quick and how much you put of each ingredient is pretty much up to you.

Love garlic? Add plenty of it. Want it spicy? Add lots of hot sauce. Creamy? Extra peanut butter will get you there.

Dining Hall Sesame Noodles

• Prep Time:1 min

• Sesame oil a solid amount
  • Garlic a little bit
  • Ginger also a little bit
  • Rice vinegar a little more than that
  • Soy sauce a good amount
  • Hot sauce to taste
  • Honey a small bit
  • Peanut butter a solid spoonful
  • Noodles as much as you can comfortably consume in one sitting
Julia Liang

Heat up the sesame oil on medium low heat and add the ginger and garlic.

When the garlic has softened some and the whole thing smells amazing turn down the temperature to low and add in your rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, and hot sauce.

After all of the above ingredients have combined nicely, take your pan off the heat and add the peanut butter and mix until smooth.

Finally, add in your noodles, combine, and enjoy!

Bonus: You'll definitely look like Queen Bey while making this.

What are you waiting for? Get out there are cover yourself (or at least your brownies) in peanut butter!