Does Butternut Squash Creamy Soup sound good to you? With different types of pumpkins and squashes in every corner of farmers markets and grocery stores this season, it's no wonder why you are craving this classic fall treat. Soups are comforting, easy to digest and exquisite to taste.  

farmer's market, Farmers market, squash, vegetable, pumpkin
Dea Uy

This 3-Ingredient Vegan Butternut Squash Creamy Soup has what it takes to bright up your dinner after a busy day. You can always add something else and adapt it to your taste, but let me tell you this is enough to make your palate happy. 

Butternut Squash Vegan Creamy Soup

• 1 big butternut squash peeled and cubed
  • 1 big or 3 small onion
  • 2 or 3 garlic cloves depending on size
  • 2 tablespoon olive oil
  • salt to taste
  • pepper to taste
gourd, pumpkin, squash, vegetable, pasture
Becky Hughes

Peel the butternut squash (you can pierce it with a fork and then microwave it for 2 mins to make it easier), then cut it in small cubes (1 inch)

Marina Wollmann

Chop the onion and the garlic cloves

Marina Wollmann

Pour the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a casserole. Add the chopped onion, the garlic and some salt & pepper, let it cook for 5 minutes while stirring. To get kind of a smokey flavour, let the garlic and onion burn a little bit.

Marina Wollmann

Add the butternut squash cubes and 2- 3 cups of water, the amount of water shouldn't exceed the ingredients. Let the mix cook all together for about 15 minutes. Time can vary a little bit depending on your stove. Use a fork to check if the squash is soft enough.

Marina Wollmann

Use an electric mixer or a blender to mix it all and you are good to go! Remember that portion measurements aren't accurate, this could go well as a starter or a main meal, and that would vary the amount for each ingredient.

Marina Wollmann

Amongst other beneficial nutritional facts, butternut squash brings many advantages to our digestion, it helps the skin and hair stay healthy, it is a good source of potassium, fiber and vitamin A, and the flavor goes well with infinite dishes. There are many types of squashes and you can incorporate them to your diet with a large number of recipes.  

Fall calls for more comfy foods and home-cooked meals. I know it's hard to believe that you can get the creamy texture without any dairy, but try it out and you'll see. It truly tastes amazing, and imagine how beneficial it is for your health. This is the vivid example of Mies van der Rohe's less is more concept. Hope you enjoy it!