Spoon University Logo
twoingredientvodkadrinks?width=734&height=489&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
twoingredientvodkadrinks?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
Photo by Clauii Campos from Canva
Recipes

The 8 Best 2-Ingredient Vodka Drinks For Any Occasion

Updated Published

It’s mixing time! Whether you’re hosting a brunch, pre-game, or party, cocktails are always fun and necessary to have. However, it can get a bit overwhelming and hard on the pockets to create (and actually taste good). Here are eight 2-ingredient vodka drinks for you to make that’s perfect for large groups and, most importantly, budget-friendly. 

1. Screwdriver 

Pulp or no pulp? That’s the question when it comes to making a Screwdriver — a mimosa’s nighttime twin sister. It’s an easy mixture of vodka and any orange juice like Tropicana (Target has the 52-ounce for $4). To be fancy, garnish with an orange slice.

2. Vodka Cran 

Cranberry juice is the oldest mixer in the book when it comes to vodka. A Vodka Cran, also known as the Cape Codder, was invented in the 1940s by Ocean Spray. So what better than to use Ocean Spray’s cranberry juice (Target has the 101-ounce for $5) to make a Vodka Cran? It’s a reliable go-to when introducing anyone to vodka. 

3. Vodka Lemonade 

For a less sour, more fruity drink, try mixing your vodka with lemonade. Fair warning to the sweet drinkers, you can still taste the alcohol. However, lemonade is one of the easiest and fun ways to mix things up! Switch it up with any Simply 52-ounce flavors — strawberry, blueberry, raspberry lemonades — that can be found at Target for $3.  

4. Vodka Fruit Punch  

Simply comes in clutch when it comes to mixers. From its Fruit Punch (the 52-ounce is for $3 at Target) to the new Mixology line (Strawberry Guava Mojito 52-ounce bottle at Target for $4), you cannot go wrong with any of these mixers. There’s a wide variety of punches to try when making a Vodka Fruit Punch. Similar to a Vodka Lemonade, a Vodka Fruit Punch is an easy way to mix things up. This is definitely a drink for the fruity drinkers. 

5. Vodka and Coke 

@cocktails

Taylor Swift’s cocktail of choice will “never go out of style!” 🎶😍🍹🎤 Vodka Diet Coke anyone? 🤗 #vodka #dietcoke #vodkadietcoke #cocktail #bar #drinks #guide #taylorswift #swifties #tswizzle #swift #fyp

♬ original sound – Viral cocktails

Let’s put a little twist on the classic Rum and Coke with vodka! Swap the alcohol, and you still have a delicious and refreshing drink to sip on. A pack of 12 Coca-Cola cans, which can be found at Target for $8, goes a long way and is the perfect, budget-friendly option for any party. 

6. Vodka Soda 

Love the carbonation of a Coke, but want to swap it out for something a little more fancy? Try a Vodka Soda! You don’t necessarily need soda water to make this drink either. Replace it with your favorite sparkling water at Target — La Croix (8pk/$4), Spindrift (8pk/$7), Bubly (8pk/$4) — and you have a delicious, budget-friendly Vodka Soda. 

7. Greyhound 

Not really a fan of orange juice, but still a citrus lover? The Greyhound is the right drink for you. Mixed with grapefruit juice like Simply’s Grapefruit Pulp Free Juice (the 52-ounce for $4 at Target) and vodka, the Greyhound is light and the perfect drink to sip on while eating or chatting with friends. 

8. Moscow Mule 

The Moscow Mule is another classic cocktail to try out. Utilizing Canada Dry Ginger Ale Soda (12pk/$7 at Target), the Moscow Mule is spicy, sweet, and strong. If you’re feeling fancy, add some lime juice into the drink and a lime wedge to garnish.

Kenzie Nguyen is a National Writer at Spoon University and an executive editor at The Olaf Messenger, St. Olaf College's student newspaper. At Spoon University, her writing spotlights AAPI food culture and icons as well as covers local eats and coffee. Outside of writing, Kenzie enjoys movies, cooking, and books. She is currently pursuing a double major degree in English and Film/Media Studies as an aspiring journalist. You can find her at a flea or farmers market or perusing the shelves at a bookstore. She loves romcoms and her top three recommendations are How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Love Rosie, and 10 Things I Hate About You with an honorable mention to She's the Man.