I went through a phase where I had Greek yogurt every single morning for breakfast with some kind of fruit, nut, or granola on top. While I love Greek yogurt, the repetitiveness of this breakfast got pretty boring. To push myself to enjoy yogurt in new ways, I began looking for Greek yogurt recipes that could help me branch out a little. I was shocked by how many Greek yogurt recipes are for lunch, dinner, and dessert, rather than for breakfast. Check out these recipes for a little inspo to get out of the Greek yogurt rut we all inevitably fall into.

1. Blueberry and Greek Yogurt Cookies

chocolate, cookie

These cookies are one of the best ways to enjoy Greek yogurt. They taste like a bowl of yogurt and berries, but in cookie form. What more could you ask for?

2. Sauteed and Salted Dates on Greek Yogurt

cream, sweet, yogurt, milk, chocolate
Christina Chin

Cut down the sweetness of dates by adding salt to them for a dish that is savory enough for lunchtime cravings. The author suggests eating them as an appetizer or on a crusty baguette.

3. Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken Skewers

Who doesn't love chicken skewers? I'm someone who constantly craves Middle Eastern flavors, but getting take-out can get pricey and unhealthy super fast. Instead, go for this easy and healthy option.

4. Greek Yogurt Panna Cotta

sweet, cream, jam, milk, pudding, tea, gelatin, honey, panna cotta, coffee
Lee Nguyen

This dessert could not be easier. It's ideal for when those sweet cravings kick in but you don't feel like baking. With just four simple ingredients, this panna cotta guarantees a great dessert, really fast.

5. Frozen Greek Yogurt Banana Poppers

sweet, cream, dairy product, ice, mochi, sorbet
Abigail Wilkins

Red alert: you should always have these in your freezer because they're an addicting snack. Just be sure to label them with your name, or they might just tempt your roommates. This is one of those Greek yogurt recipes you'll turn to again and again.

6. Cucumber Salad

This cucumber salad is the definition of freshness. It combines red onion, dill, and a savory Greek yogurt tzatziki-inspired dressing for a light side dish for all your summery meals.

7. Chicken Salad

cheese, bread
Keri Gawlik

Guess what? You don't need mayo to make a good chicken salad. As someone who has a chicken salad sandwich at least once a week, this was a bit shocking to me. This recipe is actually healthier than typical chicken salad because it uses Greek yogurt instead of mayo. Who knew yogurt was so versatile?

8. Lemon Dijon Dressing

Tess van Donkelaar

This dressing packs all the punch of lemon Dijon dressing with the added creaminess of Greek yogurt. I really don't love mustard, but even I enjoy a salad with this stuff slathered on top.

9. Parfait Popsicles

cream, ice, chocolate, ice cream, milk
Jackie Kuczynski

Skip the popsicle aisle in the grocery store, these bad boys will take care of all your cravings for frozen treats. These popsicles feature real fruit and granola for an added crunch.

10. Banana and Nutella Bark

sweet, chocolate, cream, dairy product, cake, pastry
Maria Serghiou

I'm a fan of anything with "bark" in the name. Give me peppermint bark, nut bark, or any other kind of bark any day of the week. As a bark-lover, I feel qualified to tell you that this bark is off the chain delicious.

11. Greek Yogurt Waffles 

blueberry, syrup, pancake, berry
Jamie Cohen

Okay, okay, I know waffles are technically a breakfast food, but this is such a new and inventive way to use Greek yogurt I had to include it anyway. Also, I personally live by the rule that waffles can be eaten any time of day.

12. Yogurt Marinated Chicken

This marinade couldn't be easier to make. Simply mix up all the ingredients in a plastic bag, toss your chicken in it, and let it sit in the fridge for a bit. After a few hours in a yogurt-y bath, your chicken is ready to rumble.

13. Chicken Gyro

This recipe takes things to the next level with the addition of warm pita and a fresh cucumber salad. The chicken is also super easy to make ahead of time for a quick and delicious dinner. As far as Greek yogurt recipes go, this one is a home run.

14. Spinach Dip

The classic app gets an upgrade in this recipe that uses what the author calls "healthy ninja secret ingredients." These include Greek yogurt and cauliflower.

15. Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing

Ranch dressing is one of the most unhealthy things you can top your salad with since it's high in fat, sodium and calories. If you need a drizzle of ranch dressing to get those greens in, consider trying this healthier version.

16. Greek Yogurt Lemon Linguine

All the deliciousness of a cream sauce, with a fraction of the calories? Sign me up. This linguine features a sauce made of Greek yogurt and Parmesan cheese in addition to mushrooms and asparagus. 

17. No-Bake Cheesecake

If you don't have AC, you definitely understand the importance of no-bake desserts in the summer. Hey, just because it's hot doesn't mean my sweet tooth disappears. This is definitely top of the list of sweet Greek yogurt recipes.

18. Coleslaw

Take your BBQ game to the next level with this tangy slaw that uses Greek yogurt instead of mayo. The tangy yogurt goes perfectly with the red cabbage and carrots.

These Greek yogurt recipes prove that we shouldn't put certain foods in a box. Greek yogurt is much more versatile than I originally thought, and I bet if I did some digging I could think of some other foods that I similarly limit. Sometimes, it pays to be a little creative.