Silken tofu doesn't get much love. A lot of people overlook the smooth stuff, reaching for firm and extra firm instead. But silken tofu is actually amazing. From dressings to dips to pasta sauces to desserts, it's basically a box full of unlimited, creamy possibilities.

As an avid tofu lover, I'm here to convince you that silken tofu deserves a place in your heart, soul, and belly. Whether you're in the mood for breakfast, lunch, or dessert, you can find a silken tofu recipe to fulfill your cravings. Bonus: silken tofu packs a protein and calcium punch to power your day. Read on for some amazing silken tofu recipes, and prepare to be converted to a silken tofu advocate.

1. Vegan Chocolate Pudding

chocolate, milk, cream, sweet, chocolate mousse, coffee, mousse, candy, goody, pudding, milk chocolate
Katherine Baker

This silky smooth pudding tastes rich and luscious, thanks to the silken tofu and cocoa powder. Bonus: this pudding has lots of protein and iron and isn't loaded with preservatives and sugar, making it a perfect pick-me-up when you're craving a sweet treat that won't leave you in a food comma.

2. Tofu Scramble

vegetable, pepper, onion, meat, saute, carrot
Kimberly Kao

Although many tofu scramble recipes use firm tofu, swapping for silken can give the recipe more a more delicate, fluffy, egg-like texture. Try this recipe subbing equal parts firm tofu for silken, and see for yourself. 

3. Mango Raspberry Tofu Smoothie Bowl

sweet, raspberry, berry, strawberry
Leah Valenti

Silken tofu lends this smoothie bowl a creamy, smooth texture and a protein punch, making it a refreshing and filling fruity breakfast or dessert.     

4. Chocolate French Silk Pie

Katherine Baker

This decadent vegan pie with a cookie butter crust can transform any tofu hater into a tofu lover.

5. Easy Homemade Vegan Cream Cheese

This DIY dairy-free cream cheese is smooth and tangy, and perfect for topping your favorite bagels and toast. 

6. No-Bake Lemon Cookie Fruit Tarts

The picture says it all. This easy recipe is sure to impress.

#SpoonTip: You'll need to let these treats chill in the fridge before eating them.

7. 'No Guilt' Cesar Dressing

Alton Brown's secret to Cesar dressing? Silken tofu. 

8. Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Pie

Silken tofu lends itself well to this creamy peanut butter-filled pie. 

9. Creamy Spring Pasta with Shiitake Mushroom and Peas

Who needs Alfredo sauce when silken tofu exists? Whip up this simple and impressive meal next time you're craving a comforting pasta dish.

10. Homemade Chipotle Sofrita

avocado, salad, quinoa, chicken
Katherine Baker

Although this recipe calls for firm tofu, it also works with silken. The sofrita will simply have a smoother, silkier texture. 

11. Crazy-Good Ranch Dressing

Silken tofu acts as a base for this dairy-free ranch. Use it as a dressing for salad, or as a dip for your cauliflower wings. 

12. Strawberry-Banana Tofu Shake

This protein-packed fruity shake makes an excellent breakfast. Ready in just a few minutes, this is one shake recipe you'll want to make again and again.

13. The Best Cauliflower Ever

A few tablespoons of silken tofu brings together this crispy, tasty cauliflower recipe. 

14. Tofu Pancakes

These light and fluffy flapjacks contain a secret ingredient: silken tofu. Whip these up for your next breakfast, and prepare to be amazed. 

Fear the shelf-stable boxes of tofu no longer! There are so many quick and satisfying silken tofu recipes out there, you'll wonder why you overlooked the stuff to begin with. Grab some silken tofu and prepare to be delighted.