There's nothing better than the tart flavour of a passion fruit to bring your meal up to the next level. There are lots of great meals with less exotic fruits like apple recipes, but using a fruit as unique as the passion fruit is sure to make your food unforgettable. Most people don't even know how to start cooking with a passion fruit, but these passion fruit recipes are sure to give you a leg up and an amazing experience. 

1. Chocolate & Passion Fruit Sorbet Macarons

There's nothing classier than some macarons, and chocolate and passion fruit is one of the best flavour combinations. Try these chocolate and passion fruit macarons out and you won't be disappointed. Plus, they're gluten free because they're made with almond flour, just like all macarons. 

2. Passion Fruit Chocolate Truffles 

These passion fruit chocolate truffles show once again that there's no better fruit to pair with chocolate than passion fruit. These bite-sized delicacies are sure to satisfy both your passion fruit and chocolate cravings. 

3. Pavlovas with Passion Fruit Curd

With pavlovas, and really any meringue-based dessert, it literally feels like you're eating a cloud. This fantastic pavlova with passion fruit curd is no exception. If that's not enough to convince you, it's also absolutely gorgeous. 

4. Passion Fruit Ice Cream Pie 

There's nothing better than ice cream and a pie form is just so much more manageable. The fruit makes this passion fruit ice cream pie extra sweet. 

5. Passion Fruit Créme Brûlée

Making a Créme Brûlée may sound difficult, but it really isn't too bad and you get to torch it up. Try it out with this passion fruit Créme Brûlée. 

6. Bacon wrapped shrimp with passion fruit mustard

Passion fruit doesn't just go with sweet...it goes with savory too. If you're a shrimp lover, you'll love its combination with this passion fruit mustard. 

7. Lemon and Passion Fruit Cupcakes

Cupcakes are a popular and wonderfully versatile dessert. Add some lemon and passion fruit for a tasty sweet treat. 

8. Passion Fruit Pudding Cake

Why just have pudding or cake when you can have both? This passion fruit pudding cake will give you the best of both worlds. 

9. Passion Fruit and Mango Smoothie

Passion fruit may be great to eat, but its great to drink too. Pair it with my favourite fruit (the mango) and you have the perfect smoothie. 

10. Passionfruit and Meringue Eclairs

Eclairs are one of the prettiest desserts out there and there's nothing better than biting into that creamy filling. Decorate to your heart's content with these passionfruit and meringue eclairs. 

Whether you're feeling sweet or savory, food or drink, passion fruit recipes will never disappoint. Try out some of these recipes or go and find your own for a great meal. If you're going to be passionate about any fruit, it may as well be about passion fruit.