You know how some foods go through seasons? Like how turkey only feels okay during November and December, and candy feels like it peaks in October. Well, nachos have no season, and they truly never get old. I love a good ol' plate of them, but every now and then I like to switch it up and make them a bit healthier. Here are 10 healthy nacho recipes that have the classic flavors you're craving.

Veggie Loaded Nachos

vegetable, sauce, meat, pepper
Victoria Georgetti

Need an easy way to sneak in some veggies? Try out these easy veggie loaded nachos. Made with minimal ingredients, tons of flavors, and even some vegetables (yes, that's right), they’re perfect for a healthier alternative for game day.

Sweet Potato & Black Bean Nachos

A loaded plate of nachos that packs in the protein? Sign me up! These sweet potato and black bean nachos from Half Baked Harvest are the REAL DEAL. Bring these to your next tailgate and watch your friends be amazed.

Nacho Pull Apart Bread

Jayna Goldstein

Now, hear me out on this one. To make this nacho pull apart bread “healthy,” do the following: omit ½ the cheese and the sour cream altogether, use a whole wheat pizza dough, and don’t be afraid to sneak in some vegetables! Just because it’s not paleo, vegan, gluten, and grain-free doesn’t mean it’s not “healthy." It’s all about what you choose to do with your modifications.

Tofu Vegan Nachos with Cashew Cream Sauce

Oh baby, we got some bomb vegan nachos on our hands! These tofu vegan nachos from Ambitious Kitchen also come with a delicious cashew cream sauce that you wouldn’t even know is vegan. Serve with some margaritas (virgin if you’re under 21) for a deliciously easy dinner. Yum! 

Vegan Cauliflower Nachos

Gimmie all the cauliflower nachos from Emilie Eats ASAP. She uses cauliflower instead of chips, and brings the whole plate together with a creamy vegan queso sauce. Could you imagine anything better? Oh, and all the ingredients are pretty cheap as well, meaning you don’t need to break the bank on this one.

Cheesy Shrimp Nachos

shrimp, sauce, pasta, cheese, vegetable, seafood
Katherine Richter

Again, another classic example of how to turn a semi-unhealthy dish into something perfectly healthy and delicious. Simply omit half the amount of cheese you would normally put on these cheesy shrimp nachos and don’t use as much sour cream. These are perfect for a nacho alternative to your favorite dish.

Fajita “Nachos”

If you’re looking for another easy vegetable swap, these fajita “nachos” from Fit Foodie Finds are the way to go! She stuffs the bell peppers with her taco meat, and oh boy are these a winner.

Nachos in a Mug

parsley, vegetable, salsa, chili, bread, cream, garlic, tomato, soup
Dina Cheney

If you're feeling a little lazy or just like to eat out of a mug, this five-minute nachos in a mug recipe is your new best friend. Made with real, wholesome, and hearty ingredients, it’s perfect for your next lazy (or drunk) college meal.

Loaded Sweet Potato Breakfast Nachos

Danielle Clark

Craving some breakfast nachos? Try out these sweet potato breakfast nachos from Danielle’s Kitchen. They’re vegan and gluten-free, but if you’re not a fan of tofu, swap it out for some scrambled eggs. Easy as that, and they taste delicious any time of day.

Healthy Zucchini Nachos

Heck yes to vegetables, and double heck yes to these healthy zucchini nachos! Even though I’m not a huge fan of swapping carbs for vegetables, these zucchini nachos are a must. They're also made with black beans, meaning they contain a ton of plant-based protein as well. WIN.

See, making healthy nachos really isn’t that hard. The key with them is to season the heck out of them, omit some of the cheese, don’t use ALL the sour cream, and switch things up! It’s all about variety and trying new things, and you won’t even know any of these are healthy.