Edible ornaments are the best kind of ornaments! All 10 edible Christmas tree ornament recipes require only a few simple ingredients and are very easy and fast to put together. Make these for your Christmas tree or give them away as gifts to your friends and family for their trees. Trust me, they will thank you!

1. Popcorn Ball Ornaments

Sarah Goldman

These popcorn ball ornaments are quick and easy. Click here for the recipe. Instead of forming the popcorn balls and putting them around a metal hook for hanging, hang them by a candy cane! The candy cane is not only an instant hook, but also festive eye candy that is great for decorating your tree! The chocolate and sprinkles are the cherry on top of these awesome edible ornaments.

2. Meringue Ornaments

Sarah Goldman

This link here includes a great meringue recipe. To add extra holiday cheer, paint the inside of the piping bag with red food coloring before adding the meringue mixture. Your meringue ornaments will come out with a peppermint swirl that screams Christmas. Next, when piping the meringues, pipe a small disk first, then place a piece of string on top of the disk and pipe the rest of the cookie. When they are finished baking, just tie off the string, and your meringues transform into tree ornaments!

3. Peppermint Wreath Ornaments

Sarah Goldman

This is one of the easiest, fastest, and hassle free ornaments! With only a few steps, these peppermint wreath ornaments will amaze your friends and family. They look great and taste even better!

4. Gingerbread Ornaments

Sarah Goldman

No list of edible Christmas tree ornaments would be complete without gingerbread cookies! Either make a gingerbread cookie recipe or buy a box mix. Once you have cut the cookies into the shapes you want, use a straw to cut out a hole at the top of the cookie. This creates the perfect hole to string the ornaments for hanging onto the tree.

5. Cranberry or Popcorn Garland

Sarah Goldman

Another super easy and simple Christmas tree ornament is popcorn and cranberry garland. Not only is this a classic, but it is also a great way to use up the leftover popcorn you have from making those popcorn ball ornaments. The cranberries add a perfect pop of red for this holiday themed ornament!

6. Candy Cane Ornaments

Sarah Goldman

Candy canes serve so many purposes. They're delicious, they make your breath smell wonderful (just in case you plan on standing under the mistletoe), and they're a perfect hook for any Christmas tree ornament. These candy cane and marshmallow ornaments are also a great activity for the kids in your family! Feel free to snack on them as you make them to boost your holiday cheer even more! 

7. Cake Pop Ornaments

Sarah Goldman

These cake pop ornaments are great for any holiday party! Using clean tops from empty ornaments (such as the clear candy filled ornaments below) and submerging the cake pops in chocolate, these ornaments become sturdy and great for Christmas tree decorating. 

8. Clear Candy Filled Ornaments

Sarah Goldman

These clear fillable ornaments can be found at any craft store during the holiday season and are great for holding colorful treats and candies. Fill them with M&Ms, smarties, crushed candy canes, or any of your favorite candies for a nice treat throughout the holidays!

9. Candy Window Cookies

Sarah Goldman

Using the same recipe or boxed cookie mix you used for the gingerbread men, make a star-shaped cookie with two differently sized star cookie cutters. Then, crush jolly rancher candies and fill the inner star-shaped hole with the crushed candies. Bake them as the recipe or box directs, but keep an eye on them to make sure the candy center does not bubble over. When these cookies cool, they create an amazing stained-glass effect that pairs perfectly with the twinkling lights on your Christmas tree. Cookies that taste great and shine bright!

10. Candied Citrus Slices

Sarah Goldman

Similar to the candy window cookies above, these candied orange slices have a stained-glass effect when placed in front of Christmas lights.

They are also super easy to make and bless your entire house with the sweet smell of fresh citrus!

Candied Citrus Ornaments

• Cook Time:2 hrs 30 mins
  • Total Time:2 hrs 35 mins

• Orange slices
  • Powdered sugar
  • Aluminum foil lined baking sheet
Sarah Goldman

Place the orange slices (you can use as many or as few as you would like) on the aluminum foil lined baking sheet in one layer so none of them are over-lapping each other. Sprinkle each slice with a generous layer of powdered sugar. It should look like a white blanket of snow is covering the slices when you are done!

Sarah Goldman

Bake them at 200° Fahrenheit for 2-3 hours until the slices are translucent and have begun to harden. The thicker the slices, the longer they will need to bake. Once the slices are finished baking, let them cool and they will harden up even more. Poke string or ribbon through the center of the slices and tie to turn these into tasty and beautiful Christmas ornaments!

Sarah Goldman

Enjoy all of these edible Christmas tree ornament recipes and share them with your loved ones this holiday season. They are fun to make and even better to eat!

Sarah Goldman