I can't be the only one who's sick of seeing Pumpkin Spice Lattes on every corner as soon as the first leaf turns. When did some artificial pumpkin flavoring become the epitome of fall? There are so many awesome fruits and veggies that are in season during the fall, so you should take advantage of them before winter comes around. Keep reading to find flavorful, easy fall recipes that feature apples, squash, figs, and more!

Apple Spice Granola

pumpkin
Kate Donald

Granola is something I eat year round, but there's something about hearty fall granola's that top all the others. This apple spice granola recipe is simple to make and low in added sugar. Try it with milk, on top of yogurt, or even sprinkled into pancake batter!

Autumn Acorn Squash Salad

salad, vegetable, lettuce, cheese, beet salad, seafood, pepper, meat
Ellen Gibbs

If you want to feel healthy and classy as hell, this acorn squash salad is for you. It may appear intimidating and way over your cooking skill level, but it really just takes a few simple steps to make the perfect fall recipe.

Vegan Curried Butternut Squash Soup

soup, cream, sweet, vegetable
Sarah Silbiger

Vegans rejoice, fall flavors don't have to be filled with cream and butter! Coconut milk is an awesome alternative to dairy that adds a richness and creaminess to this butternut squash soup. Give this recipe a try on the next chilly fall night. 

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Waffles

Jamie Hegg

I can't write a fall recipe article without using some real pumpkin. This fat stack of pumpkin chocolate chip waffles isn't as unhealthy as it looks. With no dairy, gluten, or refined sugar, this is a recipe for everyone. The added protein in these waffles makes them the perfect post workout breakfast. 

Ricotta Crostini With Figs and Honey

cheese
Julia Maguire

My mouth is watering just looking at this picture. If creamy ricotta, toast, figs, and honey isn't a perfect combination, then I don't know what is. You can totally impress your friends with this deluxe appetizer; no one has to know that this ricotta crostini is easy enough for a third grader to make!

Chickpea, Sweet Potato, and Apple Farro Salad

vegetable, parsley, corn, rice, pepper, legume, cereal, lentil
Katherine Baker

If you need a break from pumpkin pie and rich squash soups, try this healthy farro salad with fresh fall flavors. Farro doesn't get enough credit for how awesome it is (full of protein and nutrients!). If you've never tried it, this salad is a good place to start. 

Spicy Chickpea Burgers With Shoestring Sweet Potato Fries and Sriracha Mayo

cheese, lettuce, vegetable, salad, sandwich, bread
Charlotte Cohen

Want a hearty meal without meat? Give these spicy chickpea burgers a go. Even though they don't have meat, you're still getting a lot of protein from the chickpeas that will definitely fill you up. The Sriracha mayo and sweet potato shoestring fries elevate this veggie burger to the next level.

Vegan Pesto Spaghetti Squash Bake

vegetable, cheese, pasta, sauce
Kristine Mahan

If you're trying to cut back on processed carbs but miss the taste of pasta, this spaghetti squash bake is a must make. For all you dairy lovers, don't be fooled by the vegan title. Vegan ricotta and pesto can be just as rich and delicious as the regular stuff. You'll still feel good after eating this spaghetti bake!

Microwave Butternut Squash Risotto 

Don't let the confines of a dorm room stop you from getting in on the fall flavor action! This butternut squash risotto recipe is so simple, all you need is a microwave. Skip the boring same-old stuff at the dining hall and make yourself a quality dinner without leaving your room. 

Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Bacon

vegetable, sprouts, brussels sprout
Florence Ma

Everyone who says they hate Brussels sprouts hasn't had them prepared right. Roasted Brussels sprouts are 100% the way to go. The inside gets perfectly cooked through, while the edges get crispy and crunchy. Add bacon to that, and you have a mouthwatering fall veggie dish.