Brunch can be such an essential part of the weekend. The perfect spot near campus for good food and good conversation is something highly-sought after for many students. If you're going with friends or family and in the mood for a late breakfast or an early lunch, knowing the places to get the best brunch in Norman is a must. 

1. Neighborhood Jam

The new  location on Main St. comes in first when it comes to brunch in Norman. Having opened up in July, there's been a constant buzz about not only the menu, but also the lively atmosphere. They've got everything from traditional breakfast, to unique styles of Eggs Benedict ("Bennies"), to a variety of loaded pancakes for your sweet tooth. Also worthy of mentioning is the beverage menu. From cocktails to coffee to kombucha, they've got drinks for any occasion.

salmon, cheese, vegetable, tomato
Heather Harris

2. Seven47

The restaurant and bar on Campus Corner is a staple for both their bar scene on the weekends and their menu. Apart from your traditional breakfast menu items, the savory brunch options are deserving of attention. The Mini Grilled Cheese and Tomato Shooters as well as the unlikely mac-and-cheese flavor combos are perfect if you tend to opt for lunch over breakfast.

Medford, Cheesesteak, lunch, Dinner, white bowls, potatoes, onion rings, creole, bacon, blue cheese, buffalo, cheesey, Pop Shop, sampler, cheese, macaroni, Mac And Cheese
Katie Kasperson

3. The Winston

On Main St., right next to the Neighborhood Jam, is a restaurant sure to impress. The Winston brags of a brunch menu with heavy southern influence, from the bourbon syrup that glazes their waffles, to the Chicken Fried Quail with jalapeño grits. The cocktail winner is the Pour Decision, a floral drink complete with citrus vodka, rose, lavender syrup, and lemon.

mint, ice, sweet, lemon, juice, cocktail, water, herb

4.  Pub W

Owner of the Winston, Pub W also has a menu filled with southern charm. Choose from hearty brunch options such as the Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs, to the sweeter Sweet Potato Pancakes for options that are far from your average choices. Their mimosa takes the cake here, with fresh squeezed oranges coming in at only $2 a glass.

juice, cocktail, wine, champagne, ice, beer, Mimosa, brunch, bottomless mimosa

5. Scratch

For those looking for healthier options, look no further than Scratch. With several vegetarian and vegan options such as the Smoked Portobello Botanas and Steel Cut Oats, those with special dietary needs are easily accommodated. With a menu with food made entirely from scratch (hence the name), you can count on their sauces (such as their ketchup) to complement your side of herbed potatoes or shoestring fries perfectly. All guests also can enjoy a fresh side of complimentary fruit.

oatmeal, rice, porridge, cereal, milk, muesli
Christin Urso

Any of the above places are great options to choose from for your next brunch without going too far from campus. Whatever you may be in the mood for, these places in Norman are sure to offer a variety of menu options to satisfy that craving.