As much as I love the school I go to (s/o to BC!) I also love to get off campus, get a change of scenery and pace, and getting to see all of my friends from home. While I always see them on breaks, visiting them at the schools they go to can be more fun because I get to see them in action, meet all of their friends, and they get to show me around all their new favorite places. I have a TON of friends that go to Providence College (PC) in Rhode Island, and it's one of my favorite places to go visit friends. But every time I go to PC, the last place we want to eat is Ray (their dining hall on campus). Because of this, I have compiled a list of the best places to get food at PC. 

The Flatbread Company

There's a reason that it looks like all of Providence is here when you walk in the door, because it's THAT good. I could have easily eaten an entire small pizza by myself because my taste buds were just so happy. Flatbreads specializes in their wood-fired pizzas and even their tomato sauce is wood-fired. They make their dough fresh every day from organic ingredients. Flatbreads has a plethora of different unique topping combinations on the menu, or you can make your own to suit your preferences. Whichever one you chose, you won't be let down! 

Recommendations: "Mopsy's Kalua Pork Pie" or "Jimmy's Free-Range Chicken" 

PVDonuts 

It is scientifically proven that the best way to start your day is with a donut (ok, not actually but who's gonna fight us on that). PVDonuts is known for their over-the-top and delicious donuts. There's a line waiting to get them every morning before the store even opens their doors at 8AM. Not only are these donuts pleasing to the taste palate, but they are also ~aesthetically pleasing~ and your Snap story of your boxful of donuts will make all your friends jealous! They change their menu every month, so there will always be something new for you to try (which also means you have to go back every time you're visiting your friends at PC). 

Recommendations: the "Dunkaroo" and the "Brown Sugar Pop-Tart"

Providence Bagel

When you wake up in the morning and need to #bagelandrally there is no better place to go than to Providence Bagel. The bagels are made fresh every morning, and they make them the same way that the big New York bagel places make their bagels. You can even cover your bagel of choice with cream cheese freshly made on site as well. If you're not in the mood for a bagel, there's also an assortment of homemade baked goods and pastries to choose from. 

Recommendations: bacon, egg and cheese on an everything bagel with a LARGE iced coffee

Bajas Tex Mex Grill

For those times that you're craving Mexican, but don't want to go to Chipotle again (shocking, but it happens) there is Bajas. Bajas features all kinds of different Mexican favorites like tacos, burritos and burrito bowls. If you're not in the mood for Mexican food, you're still in luck! Bajas also serves salads, burgers, steak subs, and wings. No matter what mood you and your friends are in, there will be something for all of you at Bajas! They're also open until 2AM for any late night needs ;)

Recommendations: make-your-own burrito bowl

Mike's Calzones and Deli

Sometimes, all you need is a warm, gooey, cheesy calzone or a fresh sandwich to get you through the rest of the day. Mike's Calzones and Deli features a wide variety of calzones, wraps and subs. There is a long list of menu items, or you can create your own sandwiches picking your toppings to perfection, and then watch as they craft it right there in front of you!

Recommendations: "Honey Mustard Chicken", or "BBQ Chicken" calzones

If you're feeling feeling adventurous, but not quite THAT adventurous, there are also plenty of classics that you can head to. Providence also features the faves like Insomnia Cookies, ByCHLOE, Chipotle, The Cheesecake Factory and plenty more. Next time you're visiting your friends at PC give one of these local hotspots a try!