Opening Day is here at last. The Mets food scene certainly does not disappoint this year, being that Citi Field's selection has reached new (and even more delicious) heights. Some popular concession stands featured this season include Emmy Squared, Destination Dumplings, Dulcinea, Stuf'd, and many more. Trust me, you are not going to want to miss this, and rest assured, you will not leave hungry.

In addition to these new options, fan favorites, like Shake Shack, DŌ, and Fuku, will all be back for the 2019 season. After trying all of the Mets food options for the upcoming season, here are some of this year's must-haves.

Emmy Squared

David Salmonson

Emmy Squared made a lasting mark on my tastebuds. I've heard all the hype about their pizza, but obviously needed to try it for myself, or I would have no idea what I was missing. My favorite menu item was the Colony slice topped with pepperoni, pickled jalapeños, and honey. The jalapeño paired with the honey made for the perfect sweet and sour combo. And yes, they have burgers too. Their Le Big Matt Burger is another must try.

David Salmonson

Now, you may know DŌ for their edible cookie dough served by the scoop, but their cookies are equally to die for. Warm and gooey on the inside and crunchy on the outside, these cookies are the perfect end-of-inning snack. The company will also be rolling out exclusive flavors of cookie dough, including Salted Caramel Cookie, Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Crunch, and Frosted Animal Party.

Big Mozz X DŌ

David Salmonson

But that's not all for the wildly popular cookie dough company. The Big Mozz, a NYC staple known for its mozzarella sticks, and DŌ are teaming up to bring you Fried Cookie DŌ, available in chocolate chip and rainbow cake batter. This is the ultimate cookie dough lover's dream.

Destination Dumplings

David Salmonson

Have you ever wished that you could have dumplings and watch baseball at the same time? Well maybe you haven't, but now you can get your favorite Asian dumplings at America's favorite game. That's right, Destination Dumplings is coming to Citi Field this season. Their most popular menu items, Classic Pork & Chive dumplings, Korean Beef dumplings, and Vegan Edamame dumplings will be featured on the menu. 

Dulcinea

David Salmonson

Dulcinea will be bringing their classic churros to the ballpark. You can choose from an assortment of dipping sauces to accompany your crunchy, sweet snack, including a velvety Boston Cream sauce, Dulce de Leche sauce, or Nutella. They even let me in on a little secret—they plan on bringing their churro ice cream sandwiches to Citi Field.

STUF'd

David Salmonson

If you are a Met fan, Stuf'd is something to be excited about. Their motto, "French toast, reimagined" truly shined through when I tried their Graham Cracker Crusted Challah French Toast S'mores Nutella Bites (woah, that's a mouthful). Additionally, they will be serving up their Reuben sandwich with waffle fries, which is exclusive to the stadium. 

Catch of The Day

David Salmonson

Catch of The Day is one of the most underrated spots at Citi Field. I tried their Lobster Nachos with pepper jack fondue, cilantro-lime crème, cotija Cheese, and jalapeños. They taste even better than they sound. The gooey cheese paired with the savory lobster and crunchy chips are the real deal.

Bash Burger

David Salmonson

Chef John Capon's Bash Burger from Soho's Burger & Barrel is back for another year. The burger truly is a champion. The Bash is topped with caramelized onions, bacon jam, pickles, American cheese, and secret sauce. 

Porsche Grille

David Salmonson

If you are looking to splurge a little bit, Porsche Grille is the place for you. Porsche Grille, owned by Drew Nieporent of the Myriad Restaurant Group, has an incredible menu.  The Tomahawk steak is a Porsche Grille exclusive. The Grille will be carving up mouthwatering tomahawks all season long.

The Mets have some of the best eats in Major League Baseball. I would like to thank the MLB, the New York Mets, and Citi Field for having me and letting me experience their food scene firsthand. I can confidently say that Citi Field does an amazing job of bringing together New York Mets fans and the best food in New York City.