Because Dallas definitely isn't lacking in the queso, fried food, and barbecue departments, it's easy to forget that we have some tasty veggie options here as well. These restaurants are serving up a variety of vegan and non-vegan options, so everyone can dig in no matter what your dietary restrictions or preferences are.  So, whether you're a long-time plant-based eater or just looking to shake things up, here's a list of some of the best vegan restaurants in Dallas.

1. HG Sply Co.

"But, I could just never give up cheese..." Don't worry, I got you.  HG Sply Co. is the move for both vegans and meat-eaters.  Because their whole menu can be made dairy-free and many of their items come vegan as-is, HG Sply Co. makes it easy to avoid being that person who always substitutes and alters food at restaurants. 

While this restaurant has tons of options for plant-based eaters, it also offers a variety of classic, "meaty" dishes so you can still dine here with even your most skeptical friends.

What to order: HG Chips & Queso, The Stir Fry

2. True Food Kitchen

With a wide-variety of vegan, gluten-free, and organic options, True Food offers healthy, yummy food for everyone. True Food also changes its menu seasonally, so you always know the ingredients are in-season AND you get new options to dig in to every few months. Win-win.

What to order: Ancient Grains bowl with tofu or the seasonal vegan pizza.

3. Spiral Diner & Bakery

Spiral Diner is cookin' up all of the classic diner food you could ever want, with no dairy, meat, eggs, or animal bi-products. You want nachos? They got nachos. Went vegan and started craving that Whataburger patty melt again? They've got you covered.  Seriously, they have it all. In addition to your classic diner dishes, they also have a host of healthy, whole-food, plant-based options. So, no matter what kind of ~food mood~ you're in, Spiral Diner's always a good move.

What to order: Breakfast Quesadilla, Loaded Nachos, or pretty much anything on the menu

4. Flower Child

Flower Child is the perfect place for a light, but flavorful lunch or dinner. Owned by the same restaurateur as True Food, Flower Child offers similar organic, gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options. With build-your-own bowls and whole grain wraps, you'll have a hard time running out of options. The kombucha on tap is also a must.

What to order: Mother Earth bowl and kombucha. Next question?

5. Pizza Lounge

Gourmet vegan pies? Just take my money now. Pizza Lounge offers not one, but 10 vegan pizzas on its menu. But if you're not feeling any of their pre-selected topping options, you can always build your own pizza with vegan cheese and alllll the vegan meats and veggies your heart desires. Bye-bye salad pizza.

What to order: Vegan Wild Cabrese. It's healthy because it has broccoli on it, right?

There you have it —some of the best vegan restaurants in Dallas. If this article doesn't prove that vegans don't just eat salads for every meal, I don't know what does. From vegan pizza to cashew-based queso, Dallas restaurants are making the transition to veganism so much easier and I'm all about it.  Happy (plant-based) eating!