No matter where you travel, whether it be around the United States or abroad, crepes are a staple for any time of day. Consisting of whatever you want to fill them with—from gooey melted cheese and pesto, to strawberries and Nutella—crepes are the food that is sure to please everyone. Every country has their own spin on the traditional French crêpe, but so does every state all over the United States. So wherever you live, go out to eat and take a bite of a delicious and regionally unique crepe.

Alabama: Chez Lulu

This cafe and bakery in Birmingham, Alabama is top-rated by all who frequent it. Their exotic crepes, such as their Fromage blanc with blueberry sauce and their fresh pears and whipped creme, are as much crowd favorites as their more traditional chocolate hazelnut.

Alaska: Le Barn Appetit

Le Barn Appetit in Seward, Alaska has an extensive menu of every crepe you could ever want—both sweet and savory! Served on a long plate to accommodate the large size of whatever crepe a visitor chooses, these crepes are special in every sense of the word. 

Arizona: Crêpe Bar

Located in Tempe, Arizona, these crepes—made fresh-to-order using seasonal ingredients sourced from farms in Arizona and the region—are sure to wow. Open for breakfast and lunch with having a menu that makes it very difficult to decide what to order, it's no surprise that these deliciously innovative crepes have won countless awards. With savory flavors such as Burrito, which comes in two types, sobrasada (heritage beans, eggs, avocado, and potato brava) and chorizo (eggs, jack cheese, salsa negra, avocado, and cotija cheese), and sweet delicacies such as Maple Butter (brûléed banana, spiced pecans, and maple syrup), your taste buds are going to have a field day.

Arkansas: Crepes Paulette

With both a food truck and a storefront location in Bentonville, Crepes Paulette has one of the most extensive menus I have ever seen, with 18 different types of savory crepes, four sweet and savory combos, and 27 types of sweet crepes. They even have a crepe for dogs, so bring your pet!

California: Crepes De Paris

Located all over California, Crepes De Paris offers a plethora of rich, innovative types of crepes. Featured above, their famous curry crepe. Yum!

Colorado: Poppycocks

This Aspen gem notoriously serves the best all-day breakfast at the base of Ajax mountain. My personal favorite and the favorite of many patrons of the small diner-esque restaurant are the Nutella-strawberry crepes. Loaded with cut up strawberries, what seems like an entire jar of Nutella, and topped with delicious whipped cream, these crepes outshine even the most famous item on the menu—the oatmeal macadamia nut pancakes. 

Connecticut: Crepes Choupette

This New Haven creperie is famous for both their savory and sweet crepes. The quaint New England atmosphere combined with the French style cuisine provides an experience like no other.

Delaware: De La Coeur Cafe

This Wilmington, Delaware gem serves only one sweet and savory crepe a week, as the menu reflects what is in season locally. With absurd combinations such as roasted duck and figs (featured above!) and peanut butter, apples, and Nutella, your stomach is sure never to be disappointed.

District of Columbia: Café Bonaparte

Located in the heart of Georgetown, these crepes are out of this world—the crowd favorite being the Bonapart which contains Nutella and powdered sugar.

Florida: A La Folie Café

This French-styled cafe serves up a multitude of delicious sweet and savory crepes in Miami Beach. Known for their walnut and caramelized pear crepe, their mouth-watering crepes are sure to set your taste buds on fire.

Georgia: Julianna's Coffee & Crepes

Julianna's in Atlanta, Georgia specializes in Hungarian styled palacsinta crepes and uses a recipe that has been passed down for generations. Some of the filings used in the crepes are modeled after recipes that are commonly found in the rural areas of Hungary. This restaurant is not afraid to go outside the box for what defines a traditional crepe, even making a crepe cake layered with Nutella, and topped with bananas, strawberries, and powdered sugar. Yum!

Hawaii: Crepes No Ka 'Oi

Located in both Honolulu and Kailua, Crepes No Ka 'Oi serves up a variety of delicious crepes that are sure to be the perfect surf-break snack.

Idaho: The Creperie Cafe

This Boise, Idaho crepe joint is very casual, but their simple crepes are sure to inspire. The Trés Delish, featured above, contains strawberry, banana, Nutella, almonds, coconut, and whipped cream. They are most famous, however, for their Ma Provence, which contains mozzarella, parmesan, chicken, onions, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, basil, and creamy pesto.

Illinois: Aha Crepe

This Asian-inspired creperie located in the Lincoln Park area of Chicago is home to a variety of cone-shaped creations. Their menu features 20 original combinations, with 10 sweet types and 10 savory flavors that are all equally delicious.

Indiana: Brugge Brasserie

This Indianapolis French restaurant is famous for three things: mussels, French fries, and their out-of-this-world savory crepes. With innovative creations such as the Crêpe Monsieur (a play on the traditional croque monsieur), which features ham, Gruyere, and béchamel, your stomach is in for quite the treat.

Iowa: Django

Django is a flair of France in the American Midwest city of Des Moines. They have a vast spread of both sweet and savory crepes, such as the Crêpes Django (crepes topped with bacon, candied walnuts, strawberries, bacon-bourbon syrup and vanilla whipped cream) and the Caramel Apple Crepes (crepes topped with Granny Smith apples, sweetened mascarpone, candied walnuts and dark rum caramel).

Kansas: French Market

French Market in Prairie Village, Kansas is a local favorite that offers a daily selection of sweet and savory crepes. Featured above, their seasonal special: crepes filled with Clément Faugier, crème de marrons, a traditional French delicacy made from chestnuts.

Kentucky: Ngon Appétit

This creperie in Louisville, Kentucky is anything but average and calling it a traditional creperie might not even be accurate. This joint is a Vietnamese restaurant that serves both crepes and traditional Vietnamese pho and banh mi—who knew the two could go together?

Louisiana: Merchant

This New Orleans cafe is known for its simple-flavored sweet crepes and unique savory crepes such as the il Cubano (speck, ham, pickles, mozzarella, fontina, and Dijon).

Maine: Sip of Europe

This Portland, Maine creperie is famous for its Baklava crepe (honey and walnuts) and its Italian fiesta (spinach, tomato, balsamic, and pesto). The menu is extremely extensive, and you are guaranteed to love whatever you select.

Maryland: Sofi's Crepes

With locations all over Maryland, Sofi's Crepes is a local favorite. With savory crepes such as the Crepe Ruben which has corned beef, sauerkraut, Gruyere cheese, and thousand island dressing (featured above!) and sweet delights such as the Homemade Butterscotch, Sofi's is an institution not to be missed on your crepe tour of the United States.

Massachusetts: The Paris Creperie

With innovative names for every single crepe on the menu and tasty flavor combos, it is no surprise that this Brookline creperie is a Boston favorite.

Michigan: La Strada

This Birmingham restaurant is known for their variety of delicious pastries and breakfast treats, and both their sweet and savory crepes are delicious at any time of the day.

Minnesota: Cafe Astoria

I think this crepe speaks for itself—just wow! Insider tip, there's a secret menu, and they will make you whatever you ask for and combine multiple items on the menu to invent new crepes if you ask for it. They also have 24K gold lattes, enough said. 

Mississippi: Another Broken Egg

Another Broken Egg, located in Ridgeland, Mississippi (and all over the United States), serves up unbelievable breakfast treats. Featured above: coffee-infused thick-style layered southern crepes topped with dulce-de-leche and strawberries.

Missouri: Eggtc.

This Kansas City breakfast joint has crepes sure to knock your socks off, such as the Crepe Cena (sauteed spinach and onions in a scrambled egg-filled crepe topped with hollandaise and garnished with crisp bacon), the Crepe Dolce (guava cream cheese, strawberries, drizzled with mango sauce and topped with whipped cream, candied pecans and fresh mango), and the Crepe Salmon & Goat Cheese (smoked salmon and goat cheese in a scrambled egg-filled crepe topped with hollandaise, capers and tomatoes). It's a breakfast crepe party!

Montana: Crepe Cuisine

This food truck and crepe stand in Missoula, Montana is a fan favorite at local markets and around town, with customizable crepes that change daily.

Nebraska: Cultiva Coffee

This coffee joint based in Lincoln, Nebraska is harboring a secret: Their crepes are better than their coffee. OK, it's all good, but the crepes can be ordered online and delivered to you wherever you might be.

Nevada: Crepe Expectations

If the name alone doesn't make you want to stop by this Las Vegas creperie, then come for the oversized and overstuffed crepes served alongside a mountain of whipped crea.

New Hampshire: The Little Crêperie

Located in Concord, New Hampshire, this creperie has some of the most exciting crepe flavors of any creperie. Using local ingredients in all their recipes, this Concord creperie prides itself on sustainability. Try the Saucy Pig (bacon, shredded chicken, cheddar, pickled red onions, and bbq sauce) or the Almond Joy (toasted almonds, coconut, and chocolate sauce) for a real treat.

New Jersey: Jammin Crepes

Have you ever tried a Chicken Crepechilada with roasted tomatillo sauce? I hadn't and didn't even know such a concept existed... This Princeton, New Jersey creperie is redefining what constitutes a traditional crepe. Their menu is continually evolving to incorporate locally sourced ingredients. They are famous for making a "Nut-cho-ella" crepe, a spin on the classic Nutella with their homemade version, and for their Jammin' Turkey Club crepe, which features turkey breast, bacon, mozzarella, local greens, house chutney, and horseradish aioli.

New Mexico: La Crepe Michel

This adorable Albuquerque eatery serves up traditional French crepes out of a pink adobe building. What could be better?!

New York: Pates Et Traditions

This French restaurant in Williamsburg is my personal favorite for a crepe in New York. Even though they might not look like your average crepes, these well-stuffed savory crepes are to die for. Try the Savoyarde Crepe (potatoes, garlic, white wine, Provencal herbs, bacon, camembert and swiss cheeses) for the most amazing savory crepe you've ever tasted.

North Carolina: Crepe Cellar Kitchen & Pub

Please tell me you want to eat the Smoked Salmon Crepe (smoked salmon, egg, spinach, gruyere, caramelized shallots and hollandaise sauce) featured above as much as I do. Their Brownie in a Blanket crepe sounds absurd too; no wonder they were voted the top creperie in North Carolina.

North Dakota: Bistro 1100

Bistro 1100 in Bismarck, North Dakota offers banana flambé crepes served on a fire plate. I'll take five servings, please.

Ohio: C'est Si Bon Cafe

This Bexley, Ohio eatery offers delicious and unique sweet crepes that change daily. Featured above: s'mores!

Oklahoma: Pierre Pierre Creperie

Aside from having an Instagram aesthetic to die for, this Oklahoma City creperie has the most adorable names for its crepes such as the Ray Donovan (mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and balsamic reduction) and the Augustus Gloop (Nutella, shaved chocolate, and strawberries) like the character from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!"

Oregon: Boom Crepes

This Japanese Creperie in Downtown Portland tops all of its crepes with creme brulee—both sweet and savory. Two desserts in one and a crepe that's sweet and savory at the same time? Count me in.

Pennsylvania: Rachel's Cafe & Creperie

This Lancaster, Pennsylvania creperie has an extremely extensive menu with seven different breakfast crepes, fourteen specialty crepes, and twelve sweet crepes. They are most famous for their Cylo Crepe (a garlic-Infused crepe with cheddar and feta cheeses, spinach, braised pork shoulder, and curry aioli), the Cheeseburger Crepe (a 1/4 pound hamburger, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, bacon, and ketchup), and the Pecan Turtle Cheesecake (sweetened cream cheese, Nutella, graham cracker crumbs, pecans, whipped cream, and caramel drizzle).

Rhode Island: O'Crepe Food Truck

This Providence food truck offers a little bit of everything, with sweet crepes such as the Oh Canada! with butter, blueberries, and maple syrup, and the Zesty Chick with grilled lemon chicken, kale chips, and garlic aioli.

South Carolina: Breizh Pan Crepes

Founded by a French couple, this Charleston, South Caroline creperie serves up delicious crepes reflect their rich cultural heritage. With an extensive menu with over 30 different types of crepes, your taste buds are sure to be blown away.

South Dakota: M.B. Haskett

This Sioux Falls delicatessen has an extensive menu of all things French. However, they are most famous for their simple, yet delicious crepes served for breakfast.

Tennessee: The French Market Creperie

When you look at the menu for this Knoxville, Tennessee creperie, your jaw will most certainly drop. There are so many options—both sweet and savory—that it will be hard to choose just one.

Texas: Whisk Crêpes Cafe

This Dallas creperie does not make crepes, they make art, as you can see above. This specialty crepe features shiitake mushrooms, prosciutto, parmesan cheese, asparagus, greens, orange zest, and pesto.

Utah: Monsieur Crêpes

If you can think of anything that looks more delicious than this raspberry, lemon creme crepe cake then apparently I'm not eating the right crepes because WOW! This Salt Lake City, Utah creperie has been added to my bucket list.

Vermont: The Skinny Pancake

With locations all over Vermont, this creperie might have a name that confuses, but if you take the time to think about it, crepes are just skinny pancakes! Most exciting crepes offered: the Crepedilla (Cabot cheddar and black bean mix wrapped in a scallion crepe, served with a side of Pico de Gallo and sour chipotle cream), the Josh Panda Crepe (chicken tenders and shredded potatoes wrapped in a cornmeal crepe, and smothered in sausage gravy), and the Brownies In Bed (brownie, vanilla ice cream, Cabot whipped cream and chocolate sauce). 

Virginia: The Flat

This beautiful little Charlottesville, Virginia takeaway creperie is a favorite of University of Virginia students and residents alike. With crepes such as the Southside of Heaven, which features chicken, spinach, onion, feta, and cheddar, and Mama's Apple Pie, which contains vanilla, butter, sugar, apples, and cinnamon, this scenic creperie is sure to make you smile.

Washington: Crepe Wine Bar and Cafe

Boasting an impressive menu with over 45 different types of sweet and savory crepes, this Seattle creperie is quite impressive. Known for their diversely shaped crepes and breakfast crepes with eggs in the center, there is no shortage of deliciousness where these crepes are concerned.

West Virginia: Cafe Creperi

Founded in 2007 in Charleston, West Virginia, this Greek-inspired creperie is anything but ordinary. Almost all of the crepes are based on classic Greek dishes and go above and beyond concerning creativity. Who knew that Greek crepes would be a fan favorite in West Virginia?

Wisconsin: Bradbury's Coffee

With a rotating menu featuring what is fresh locally, this Madison, Wisconsin joint is a favorite of locals due to its fun flavors. Currently trending is the holiday Gingerbread Crepe with gingerbread batter, sea salt, and snap Crumble, and their savory menu item, a carrot and cashew pâté crepe with spinach and scrambled eggs.

Wyoming: E.Leaven Food Company

Known for their triple cheesy spinach crepe, this Jackson Hole treat is the perfect midday ski-break lunch item. Have a bagel too and turn this snack into a fully-filling lunch.

No matter where you're at in the US, if you are craving either a sweet or a savory crepe (or both), visit one of these creperies or restaurants and be prepared to be wowed by the fantastic flavors and creativity of the crepes served.