While some are scrambling to find their New Year's kiss, I'm scrambling to find the best New Year's drink deals in Jacksonville so that I don't have to spend that money we all know I don't have (College life!). To help both yours and my wallet I've compiled a list of the best deals in town—and wrote a little poem just because.

Ode to New Year's Eve

New Year, new me?

Well, that’s not going to stop me

from turning up on New Year’s Eve.

But, some of us folk

are a little broke,

which is why we found thee

a list of four places we

can get turnt on New Year’s Eve. 

1. Bahama Breeze

On New Year’s Eve, Bahama Breeze will have their Junkanoo Jam starting at 9 p.m. They’re serving their Legendary Island Cocktails for $2.18. Usually, these cocktails cost around $8, so you can literally drink three drinks for the price of one. Talk about a New Year's drink deal! There will also be giveaways and live music. Bahama Breeze will have extended hours and will be open until 1 a.m. on New Year’s Eve.

2. BJ’s

BJ’s usually has an all day happy hour occuring on Sundays due to football. In the case of the football game being cancelled, BJ’s will have the late night happy hour from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. when they close. Their happy hour offers $1 off draft beers, glasses of house wine, and cocktails, $2 bottles of domestic beer, $3 Barefoot wines, and $4 BJ’s handcrafted beers and call drinks. Though you won’t be able to celebrate the New Year here, you can definitely pregame and save a bit of money.

And while you're saving all that money you can spend a little more on a Pizookie a.k.a a beautiful and delicious skillet cookie (that are also on sale every Tuesday).

3. Applebee’s

Applebee's will be open during its normal hours on New Year’s, and will close at 1 a.m. Though probably not the place you imagine yourself to be during New Year’s, they do have some great deals when it comes to drinks. They have a two for one special on beers, wine and margaritas. During the month of December, Applebees has also been offering $1 long island teas, and New Year’s is the last day of that deal. So, make sure you don't miss out.

4. Miller's Ale House

The casual sports bar will be open it’s normal hours until 2 a.m. on New Year’s Eve. Though they won’t have any New Year's drink deals, they will have their usual happy hour drink specials that start at 10 p.m. and are pretty cost-efficient for college students. You can get pitchers of margaritas or sangrias for under $10. They also offer a wide variety of cocktails that cost anywhere from $2 to $5.

While you are out partying, drinking and hanging out with friends and family, hopefully this will save you some money. But But please, always remember to drink responsibly and don't drink and drive on New Year’s (or any day of the week).