*Oprah voice*  I. LOVE. BRUNCH! And Tampa brunch is where it's at. 

If you asked me what my favorite meal of the day is, I’d definitely say brunch. The thing I enjoy most about this in-between meal is the relaxed vibe and the usual breakfast foods are transformed into funkier dishes. Sometimes after we work out, my boyfriend Robert and I go out for brunch, even if it's in the middle of the week. We’ve eaten at so many different local spots that it’s hard to keep track of them all!

We like brunch spots that are very relaxed, casual, and low-key. I don’t have any issues going to any of these Tampa brunch restaurants in my workout clothes:

1. Broken Yolk Café

Fairly new to Tampa, I always saw the Broken Yolk on my way home from the gym. It’s there that I ate my first poached egg. Poached eggs had always turned me off because of the runny yolk -- I was afraid I'd get salmonella. But the poached eggs at Broken Yolk were good! The Sriracha drizzle on top of the yolk had a nice kick without taking away from the egg taste. Now I’m hooked!

Broken Yolk Café

10442 Dale Mabry Hwy.

Tampa, FL 33618

(813) 769-9358

2. Brick House Tavern & Tap

Brick House is sports bar, so it surprised me that they have brunch... because what other sports bars do brunch on football Sundays? I had eaten at Brick House before (their duck wings are amazing) for lunch but I was excited to see what they offered for brunch.

Outside of numerous $2 mimosas, the Bison Benedict is incredible. A mix of bison and beef sausage with poached eggs, cheddar potato hash, green chile Hollandaise, and queso fresco on a toasted brioche, this meal was a real risk for me. It was one of the first times I went out and tried something I never eaten before. The bison was the selling point for me. It’s not gamey and went perfectly with the sausage. And of course, the entire Benedict tastes great with the $2 mimosas!

Brick House Tavern & Tap

1102 N Dale Mabry Hwy

Tampa, FL 33607

(813) 350-9108

3. Del Frisco’s Grille

The first time Robert and I went to Del Frisco’s was for my birthday a couple of years ago. Sometimes I get a sweet craving and do the unhealthy stuff for brunch, like the Red Velvet Belgian Waffle with Applewood bacon and strawberries (fruit makes it a little healthy, right?). The combo of the sweet with the salty made my taste buds jump. The waffles were so soft, just like real red velvet cake, and the bacon was crisp. I’m such a glutton; even after everything disappeared into my stomach, I scraped the plate dry in an attempt to get every single crumb that was left PLUS the frosting and cinnamon. I definitely ate my money’s worth that day!

Del Frisco’s Grille

4138 W Boy Scout Blvd.

Tampa, FL 33607

(813) 878-6890

4. Brunchie’s of Tampa

Fortunately for Robert and me, Brunchie's is a few doors down from our gym, so it’s not out of the ordinary for us to leave the gym and walk down the street for a post-workout meal. If you asked me where to go for brunch, Brunchie's is always the first place I recommend.

Out of all the other brunch spots on this list, I eat here most often. One thing I love to order is the duck bacon. It may sound bizarre, but duck bacon isn’t as greasy as pork bacon -- it’s similar to turkey bacon. Right now, I’m obsessed with Brunchie's skillets. My faves are the turkey and avocado skillet and the spinach and bacon skillet. They're enough food for one person without being overwhelmingly massive. And I like to order a side of fruit with my skillets for another layer of flavor.

Brunchie’s of Tampa

14366 N Dale Mabry Hwy

Tampa, FL 33618

(813) 908-7023

5. Ox and Fields

The Seminole Heights area of Tampa is quickly becoming the new food hub of the city. There are so many new restaurants popping up in the area, I can’t keep track of them all.

Robert and I tried Ox and Fields for brunch on a Sunday and I swear I ate the best version of the classic chicken and waffle combo ever. The Chicken and French Toast Waffles isn’t what I expected it to be. The waffle was brioche bread and it was served with the crispiest chicken wings. I told Robert this was the first time ever I wanted to order a second plate because my meal was that delicious. It blended sweet, salty and sour all at the same time. The cream cheese and blueberry compote was tangy on top of the sweet waffles. And you MUST pour syrup on the wings to complete the umami of the entire dish. I couldn’t help but rave about it to the owner and our waitress. Honestly, it was yummy AF.

Ox and Fields

7701 N Nebraska Ave.

Tampa, FL 33604

(813) 443-6125

Next time you do brunch, head to Tampa for meal that will make your weekend.