Tailgate Clothing Company is the newest shop on State Street, fulfilling all of your possible needs at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.  There are three stores contained within it: one with vintage-themed gameday gear, a cozy coffee shop, and a unique one-size-fits-all women's shop.  

Tailgate Clothing Company is owned by American Eagle, and Wisconsin was the second school to get a store, after the University of Iowa.  American Eagle plans to open stores at 200 other universities across the nation, first focusing on the Big Ten and Southeastern football conferences. In Madison, though, Tailgate has come to be a hit among Badgers everywhere. 

About Tailgate Clothing

Tailgate has clothing for both men and women, with a wide range of items ranging from short and long sleeve t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants, jackets, winter hats, caps, leggings, shorts, and so much more.  Each design is unique to Tailgate, and themed around either the university, athletics, or surrounding bars and restaurants.  

In addition to apparel featuring the university, Tailgate has t-shirts with designs featuring student favorites in the area, such as Wando's, State Street Brats, Kollege Klub, and Dottie's Dumpling Dowry.  Many of these restaurants and bars also provide exclusive coupons and deals to customers who purchase their shirts!  

If you need a t-shirt to celebrate Wisconsin's Orange Bowl win, then Tailgate has you covered. With men's and women's styles, the store's Orange Bowl shirt is both cute and incredibly soft. Be sure to head on over to Tailgate and purchase this great garb to commemorate an outstanding football season. 

Coffee Shop

Tailgate also has a cute coffee shop, offering many specialty coffee beverages, in addition to delicious hot chocolate and adorable pastries.  Make sure you grab a drink to warm you up while shopping. Also, if you're craving a cozy spot to study that also has mini macaroons, Tailgate is the place to be. 

Shoutout to Tailgate for sponsoring our final Spoon meeting of the fall semester! The team was greeted with a wonderful discount, lovely holiday displays, and plenty of peppermint whipped cream atop our hot chocolate. We had a wonderful time shopping and sipping. 

Don't Ask Why

Don't Ask Why is a unique shop that is attached to Tailgate. Don't Ask Why is known for their collections of one-size-fits-all clothing for women.  The clothes are super comfortable, and although they often fit each person slightly different, they truly flatter any and all body types.  

The store has a ton of adorable styles, from shirts perfect for your next night out to comfortable sweatshirts to wear in class. In addition, Don't Ask Why has select American Eagle jean styles, bralettes, shoes, jewelry, bath products, makeup, and accessories.  

In addition to the store's great styles, its aesthetic is warm and welcoming, encouraging their customers to always be their best selves and have confidence. The store's positive vibes promote a relaxed environment, making shopping easy and comfortable for all students.

Tailgate Clothing Company offers discounts and deals on both Tailgate and Don't Ask Why items throughout the year. Tailgate is affordable and the perfect way for students to add to their clothing collections and keep up with current trends. 

If you want to stay updated on the stores and their current deals and new merchandise, be sure to follow their Instagram accounts, @tailgatewisconsin and @dontaskwhywi.  Next time you're in need of cute clothes, gameday gear, or just a cup of cheer, be sure to stop in!