After over a year of strenuous and extensive planning, Spoon UC Davis was finally able to announce their first Food Truck Mania. The event will be from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday, May 18 and will take place on the university quad. Here are the nine food trucks that will be serving the ravenous students of the UCD (myself included, of course). 

Bacon Mania

One glance at their menu and any meat lover will be pleased. Macaroni and bacon piled inside their Jack Back Sammie? Yes, please. Bacon hamburger patty? Oh, yes.

A popular choice is their Boss Hog Bacon Cheeseburger, which is a 1/2 angus beef and 1/2 bacon patty, fresh lettuce, juicy tomato, tangy barbecue sauce, melted cheese and *ahem* more bacon. Is that not convincing enough for you? Their food definitely sounds unapologetic (to the pigs and cows) and delicious for man and woman alike.

Cowtown Creamery

Get ready ice-cream lovers. Not only does Cowtown Creamery have ice-cream but they also have sundaes, liege waffles, milkshakes, floats and iced lemonades. Their signature Crunchy Cow ice-cream cone comes with vanilla ice-cream inside a crunchy waffle cone covered in chocolate sauce, Skor toffee and a chocolate drizzle. Sundaes come with hot fudge, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, fresh strawberries and fluffy whipped cream. Excuse me while I wipe away my drool.

If that wasn't enough for you, their signature, the Twisted Cow, is vanilla ice cream blended with your choice of toffee, Heath, M&M's, Butterfinger, chocolate flakes, Reese's Pieces, gummy bears, Andes Mints or Oreos.

Then you can wash it all down with one of their refreshing drinks like iced, sparkling or frozen lemonade. 

Drewski's Hot Rod Kitchen 

Not much of a pig person? Well Drewski's has got you covered. Their $9 Fastback is an Asian style braised beef, pickled daikon, carrot slaw, cilantro and jalapeño topped with their spicy aioli on a grilled French roll. Is your mouth watering yet? No? Maybe you are more into earthy flavors. Their Prius is an atypical grilled cheese with nine grain wheat, sliced and grilled Granny Smith apples, wildflower honey, smokehouse almonds and double creme brie cheese. 

Prices range from $2 for assorted beverages (including a fresh brewed sweet mint iced tea), $4 for for their famous tater tots tossed with rosemary and garlic, or $10 for a Tochos meal. 

Dog Town Food Truck 

Dog Town Food Truck lets you choose between a burger, french fries and hot dogs. Sweet and simple. The best part is that you can style your meal to your liking. Some of their styles include Chili, made with housemate angus beef chili, red onion and sharp cheddar cheese; Buffalo, made with red hot hot wing sauce, celery sauce and bleu cheese; and Baja, made with applewood poblano peppers, jack cheese and chipotle aioli.

Prices range from $3 or $4 for fries to $9.50 depending on what style dog or burger that you order.

Gameday Grill

Whether you are craving a sandwich, burger, hot dog or fries, Gameday Grill will definitely satisfy your appetite. From a classic with American cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles and their signature Gameday sauce, to the NorCal style with grilled bell peppers, onions, provolone and Al Sauce, this food truck has you covered.

Choices from their menu include the Western, Classic, NorCal, Buffalo or Mushroom Swiss Polish Dog. Complete your meal with seasoned or garlic fries for an extra four or five dollars. 

Hefty Gyros 

Hefty Gyros keeps their menu simple with selection of gyros (obviously), salad, fries, hummus and pita. Salads range from a chicken salad to falafel salad. Prices vary from $12 for the Ultimate Plate, which is a falafel gyro with chicken on rice, $9 for a falafel or chicken salad, to $5 or $7 for hummus with pita. 

Slightly Skewed 

Their menu explores the ingredients of Central and Southeast Asia such as Korea, Japan, China and Thailand. The rotating menu of Slightly Skewed has some unique dishes such as their Skewer Set of tender chicken, beef grilled vegetables and steamed rice; Fried Rice Balls with Chinese sausage, scallions and shiitake mushrooms; and a California Burrito of bulgogi beef, mashed potato fries, garlic-chive sour cream, Sriracha ketchup and pico de gallo.

Prices range from around $3 for an appetizer to $10.50 for skewers. 

Smoking Hot Pizza 

Wood fired pizza in a food truck? Yes, you read that right. Jalapeños stuffed with bacon and cheese is also a melt-in-your-mouth concoction. Though there is no guarantee that these are served daily, I can tell you if these are being served, don't hesitate and listen to your gut. A pizza may be a bit out of your comfort zone at $10, but fear not. This price covers a full pizza, not the typical stingy slice.

Wandering Boba 

Though I can't exactly say what will be on the food truck's menu every day, I can say that their menu sounds delicious. They got me hooked right away with their Vegetable Lumpia, a dish with sautéed and seasoned peas, carrots, green beans, corn and garlic rolled in a spring roll shell and fried until crispy and golden. A popular choice there is the Popcorn Chicken Plate of popcorn chicken over a bed of steamed rice served with a side of chicken-bacon gravy and salad with house sesame vinaigrette.

And of course, the boba. Milk tea flavors (with tentative availability) are Thai tea, almond, taro, honeydew, coconut, banana, lychee, Nutella, cookie butter and jasmine milk tea. Some flavors of their Fruit Infused Jasmine Green Teas are green apple, strawberry, lychee, passion fruit, mango, peach, kiwi, pineapple and pomegranate.

Wow, my taste buds are already tingling with excitement for this event. See y'all there on the quad at UC Davis or cheers to planning a similar events on your university campus.