Magnolia Bakery has been a staple American dessert spot for decades now, serving up their classics at their multiple flagship locations, shipping them nationwide, and even vending at music festivals. On Thursday March 29, Magnolia Bakery finally opened up their FIRST Boston location ever! Their new store is located in the heart of Faneuil Hall (2-4 Faneuil Hall Market Pl., Boston), and I’m not even ashamed to say that I prioritized making it to opening day (sorry to the two classes I skipped, I promise Magnolia Bakery was worth it!). In celebration of its opening, Magnolia Bakery will be giving out a free order of Boston Cream Pie Banana Pudding every day, from March 29-April 5, to its first 50 customers! Waiting on the line is more than worth it in my opinion, especially for the bonus pudding.

Rachel Eng

For those of you that don’t already know, Magnolia Bakery has held a special place in my heart ever since that first spoonful of decadent banana pudding hit my mouth; It was basically a match made in heaven. I know you think I might be exaggerating, but the truth is that Magnolia Bakery has changed my opinion on baked treats and made me realize the bananas can actually taste good sometimes. 

Rachel Eng

So what makes the Boston opening of Magnolia Bakery extra special? Well first of all, Magnolia Bakery has been serving up its treats across the nation in New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles, so honestly it’s about time we got our very own location. Secondly, Magnolia Bakery added a special twist on their classic Banana Pudding, opting to create a Boston Cream Pie Banana Pudding that is only available at the Boston location! I was fortunate enough to try this pudding on opening day, and it does not disappoint. I’ve tried multiple variations of their pudding such as Pumpkin Gingersnap and Chocolate Peppermint, and I can honestly say that this is my favorite flavor outside of the Classic Vanilla Banana Pudding. There’s just the right amount of chocolate fudge in it to change up the taste, but not overwhelm the classic banana flavoring.

Rachel Eng

In addition to Banana Pudding, Magnolia Bakery serves up some amazing other treats. Their cupcakes are infamous for their feature in Sex and the City, and they range from classic flavors such as vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet to more exotic flavors such as Peanut Butter & Jelly, Truffle, and Pistachio. Each cupcake is topped with their homemade buttercream frosting which is extremely sweet and decadent. If you have a sweet tooth, this is the cupcake for you! Magnolia Bakery also makes full size cakes for custom order, mini and full size cheesecakes, cookies, and brownies, so really there’s enough variety in treats to please even the pickiest of eaters.

In summary, Magnolia Bakery just opened and you have no excuse to not go check it out! They will be open daily from 10AM - 9PM Monday to Saturday and 11 AM - 7 PM on Sundays. So, my question is, why are you still sitting here reading this article? You better go get in line for your Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding ASAP!