Magnolia Bakery has been a staple dessert spot for decades now, serving up their American dessert classics at their multiple flagship locations, shipping them nationwide, and vending at music festivals

Every visit there never fails to bring a smile to my face and place me in a satisfied food coma mood. A large part of Magnolia’s longtime success is their commitment to quality American dessert classics (such as cookies, banana pudding, and cupcakes to name a few) while also adding on their own delicious twists so that their customers never get bored!

Rachel Eng

On October 26th, in honor of National Pumpkin Day, Magnolia will be debuting their limited time, Pumpkin Gingersnap Banana Pudding for nationwide consumption. I was lucky enough to go with some friends to taste this gooey, fall-spiced pudding a week before release, and I was definitely not disappointed.

Here are my thoughts:

Rachel Eng

Appearance

Magnolia Banana Puddings comes in small, medium, and large sizes and are served to go in pint containers. If you order from Magnolia online they can send you your food in a custom Magnolia portable cooler pack, just add it to your cart before checkout!

#SpoonTip: Go for the large size and then save the leftovers in your refrigerator for later (although if you’re like me, most of the pint will be gone within one sitting).

Rachel Eng

Taste

The spicy, gingery taste is reminiscent of fall spices and has similar taste notes to the Starbucks’ immortalized Pumpkin Spice Latte. My personal favorite part of the pudding was the mix of gingersnap cookies with the creamy pumpkin pudding, a contrast of sweet and spicy flavors with the cookies breaking up the thick, creaminess of the pudding. For people who don't love the taste of pumpkin, this pudding is not overwhelmingly pumpkin flavored, and the presence of the sweet banana helps balance out the pumpkin. 

One friend described the pudding as “rich and decadent,” and another decided that “if there was a dessert that could represent my feelings on the fall season, this would be it.” Personally, eating the pudding evoked feelings of being at home and drinking hot apple cider with the family in the fall. Who knew food could bring out feelings like that in a person?

Final Conclusion:

Magnolia’s Pumpkin Gingersnap Banana Pudding is yet another addition to the lineup of sinfully good banana pudding flavor’s they offer. This is the perfect fall dessert to enjoy in a park with friends with falling leaves and crisp air blowing through. As clichés as that sounds, the Pumpkin Gingersnap Banana Pudding really is as delicious as it sounds, and I can confirm that I am currently craving another spoonful of the pudding as I write this article.

Rachel Eng

The Pumpkin Gingersnap Banana Pudding will be offered for sale from Oct. 26-Nov. 30, 2017 at all United States Locations (NYC, Chicago, and LA) and will be available for nationwide delivery through Magnolia’s Website

#SpoonTip: For parents with kids in college, a care package with Pumpkin Gingersnap Banana Pudding inside would fulfill any college student’s dream!

Don’t forget that you heard the exciting news here at Spoon University first! Now you have no excuse not to dig into your own pint of delicious Pumpkin Gingersnap Banana Pudding as soon as possible!