We all know it. The moment you enter the real world, a lot of the fun and games end. Gone are the glorious days of being able to lounge around, binging on junk food, playing video games or chilling with friends. Being an "adult" normally entails having to go to bars to socialize or drink alcohol. Ever wish you could mix the two together? Want to be able to act like a kid again? Well, you're in luck, because Milk Tavern in KTown offers exactly that. 

Vaibhav Aggarwal

As one of the biggest cereal bars on the West Coast, Milk Tavern offers adult takes on kids' classic food, video games, a ping pong table, and a vibe that makes you forget about all of your responsibilities.

Founded by Alex Sohn, there was a very simple vision and motivation behind creating such a haven. "There are an overwhelming amount of restaurants in Koreatown, but we just wanted something different," he explained in his interview with Spoon UCLA. "There are so many of the same KBBQs, ...same pubs, ...same everything here, and we wanted something unique and fun for our community."

Vaibhav Aggarwal

We tried some of their signature offerings, asking for the bartender's recommendations. Here are some of our favorites.

Favorites

1. Strawberry Latte

Vaibhav Aggarwal

I cannot emphasize how amazing this drink was. It was basically just crushed strawberries, milk and sugar, and tasted just like mom used to make it. It was rich, refreshing and I just couldn't stop drinking it.

2. Cotton Candy-Ice Cream Burrito

Vaibhav Aggarwal

Yes, this is a thing. A cereal of your choice and rich, creamy vanilla ice cream wrapped in fluffy cotton candy. We went with Frosted Flakes, and the crunchiness really completed the dessert. The cotton candy literally melted in your mouth before you could finish biting into it, and overall this was a great concoction. However, you may as well be pumping sugar straight into your bloodstream at this point, it was so sweet we could only take a few bites before we couldn't take it anymore, but we're sure there are plenty of people who can handle this.

3. Cereal Infused Ice Cream Swirl

Vaibhav Aggarwal

This super unique type of ice cream is vanilla ice cream blended with a cereal of your choice, topped with even more cereal. With 19 choices each for the mix-in and topping, the combinations are nearly endless and, in Alex's words, "You get to be your own chef." We tried Fruit Loops for both our blend and topping along with a beautiful pink cone, because it reminded us the most of our childhoods.

Fun Stuff

Aside from all the food you can eat, Milk Tavern also offers plenty opportunities for fun, such as video games, a ping pong table, and plenty of lively activities on most nights, like jazz nights, movie nights, and karaoke tournaments. It's also great for hosting team or club events.

Vaibhav Aggarwal
Vaibhav Aggarwal

Verdict

Vaibhav Aggarwal

Visiting Milk Tavern was definitely a pleasure for us at Spoon UCLA. We had tons of fun, binged on sugary delights, and forgot about the big, scary world the moment we walked in. The worst part was probably walking out of there, realizing the fun was over and that we had to return to our normal lives. I honestly can't wait for the next time I go back there and feel like a kid again.

Milk Tavern is located in Korea Town on 528 S Western Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90020. We highly recommend checking them out for a fun time in this adult playground!