I have a hypothesis. Because sugary cereal is increasingly being tagged as unhealthy by the media, being criticized as "all sugar" and empty carbs, these cereals have now become an indulgent dessert and delicacy for people. The restaurant industry has jumped upon this phenomenon in recent years, creating all sorts of trendy cereal spots. 

It all starts with Momofuku Milk Bar which opened in 2008. The Milk Bar attracted people from all over the world because of its innovative cereal milk (you could now purchase that tasty milk you love when it gets infused with the sweet cereal you're eating), cereal milk soft serve ice cream, and crunchy cereal shake.

And it only get's better...

Next comes the Cereal Killer Café in London. Calling themselves "the World's first International Cereal Café", the café sells over 100 types of cereal from all over the world plus a plethora of indulgent toppings and types of milk, to make yourself the perfect, delicious bowl of cereal.

If you're not feeling creative enough to come up with a combo yourself, however, they've got you. "Cereal Cocktails" include everything ranging from "s'more than words", which consists of Golden Grahams, marshmallows, and chocolate milk, to "honey i shrunk the bear", which consists of Honey Shreddies (British cereal that consists of honey-flavored whole grain cereal squares), Golden Grahams, a Barney Bear (British bear-shaped sponge snack with a chocolate filling) , and honey milk.

The Cereal Killer Café is definitely a bucket list spot and most definitely an instagrammable location.

Speaking of instagrammable locations, another cereal hot spot that has most recently been blowing up is Kith Treats Cereal Bar, with Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Miami locations.

Kith serves up blended-in cereal ice cream, milkshakes, and indulgent bowls of cereal itself, similar to that of Cereal Killer Café. Just like the Café, you can either create your own combos of cereals and toppings for your cereal, ice cream, or milkshake, or you can go with one of their signature specials if you're not feeling too creative.

2017 is Cereal Heaven

Essentially, this whole cereal craze has all of my childhood dreams coming true. I mean, a nice bowl of Frosted Flakes and milk is good enough for me, but blend that into ice cream or a milkshake? Honey (Nut Cheerio), I'm in heaven now. Let's keep these trendy spots coming because these innovative cereal ideas are both endless and amazing.