I attended Spoon’s BrainFood event in Brooklyn last year and I happen to see hundreds of people eating dessert out of mason jars. This instantly caught my attention and I was determined to find out where they got it from. I found Jars by Dani in one of the aisles of the convention floor and decided to give it a try. Since then I have been obsessed with them and want to give you the lowdown on this amazing company.

What Is It?

Jars by Dani was started by Dani Beckerman when she combined her love for baking with a mason jar. Jars by Dani is based in New York City, but now ships nationwide and is even loved by people and companies including Diane Von Furstenberg, Kenneth Cole, and Teen Vogue. 

These delicious desserts consist of different ingredients including cake, chocolate chips, cookie dough, brownie bites, frosting, strawberry filling, and many more depending on the flavor you have. Each jar is intricately layered with a different ingredient calling for a tasty combination. 

Flavors  

Jars by Dani currently has 10 staple flavors and one flavor of the month. Some of the flavors include: Lovely Lemon Bar, Cookies N’ Cream, Cookie Dough, Fudge Brownie, Peanut Butter, White Chocolate, Gluten Free Fudge Brownie, Vegan JAR, Cake Batter, and Strawberry Shortcake. Their flavor of the month is currently Ice Cream Sandwich and it looks absolutely delicious.

Cookie Dough  

I was able to try this cookie dough jar and it was very tasty. The cookie dough jar consists of cookie dough bites, chocolate mousse, fudge brownie, whipped cream, chocolate chips. All of the ingredients meshed well together and they were evenly proportioned so I was not getting more of one flavor than the other. 

White Chocolate 

I also had the opportunity to try this flavor and I was blown away. First of all, I am a huge fan of anything like white chocolate so I might be a bit biased, but even my dad who is indifferent to it enjoyed it. This jar is very Instagram-worthy as it has vibrant colored layers of cake and sprinkles. This jar consists of vanilla cake, sprinkles, whipped cream, and white chocolate chips. The vanilla cake with the white chocolate chips created the perfect combination and had just the perfect flavor profile.

Price Point  

These jars come in two sizes both small and large. The small jars cost $6.25 each and the large jars are priced at $10.00. I think you are better off ordering a large jar because you get relatively more for your money and who doesn’t want more dessert?

Where You Can Buy Them

Jars by Dani has a storefront in New York City on 189 Lafayette St where people can buy these desserts. They can also be purchased online through their website jarsbydani.com and can be shipped directly to your front door anywhere in the country.