When I first heard about Brunchfast at Jack in the Box, I was stoked. Brunch at all times of the day? Dream come true.

So, of course, the next day a few friends and I took the bus to the closest Jack in the Box to see what Brunchfast was all about. 

We ordered every item on the menu — besides soda and hot coffee since it was 80 degrees out — and ate to our hearts' content. Here's what we thought of the new menu:

Bacon and Egg Chicken Sandwich

bacon, sandwich, cheese, bread, meat, bun, egg

I was pleasantly surprised by this sandwich. Going in, I was scared that the English muffin would be too dry, but it was actually quite fluffy. Plus, the egg is perfectly fried. My friends thought the chicken was a touch too salty, but I thought it was fine.

Brunch Burger

bacon, sandwich, cheese, meat, lettuce

Aptly named, the brunch burger really is brunch in a burger. It has a beef patty, fried egg, cheese, bacon, and croissant bun. My friend Eileen loved this burger and highly recommends it for all other burger or croissant fanatics.

Homestyle Potatoes

vegetable, meat, chicken, sauce

Our favorite side — also part of the Southwest scrambler — was the homestyle potatoes. Jack in the Box nailed this item. The potatoes were well seasoned, crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside. We cleared this dish in a matter of minutes.

Mini Pancakes

sweet, bread, cookie, pastry, cake, candy, dairy product
Luna Zhang

The mini pancakes were super cute. They're about the size of a clementine, so you get eight in each order. But the best part? The smell. These pancakes smelled so good; we were practically drooling.

Orange Cranberry Muffins

sweet, pastry, cake, bread, muffin, chocolate, cookie

Before today, I'd never had orange cranberry muffins, and I'd definitely get them again. Nothing can beat homemade muffins but these muffins are moist and flavorful. I'd recommend them for a quick breakfast or snack.

Iced Coffee

milk, coffee, cream, cappuccino, milkshake, sweet, ice, chocolate, yogurt, espresso, hot chocolate

Jack in the Box's iced coffee is pretty standard: sweet and creamy. I'm really glad it wasn't watery; I could tell there was ample amounts of coffee and not just ice.

Southwest Scrambler Plate

meat, vegetable, chicken, pork, rice, pepper

This plate includes scrambled eggs with roasted peppers, diced green chilies, and pepper jack cheese, alongside bacon and homestyle potatoes. At first, we were a little skeptical because of the roasted peppers, but it wasn't half bad. We didn't love the platter compared to the other Brunchfast items, but it was easily the most filling. 

Blood Orange Fruit Cooler

sweet, ice, juice, cocktail, jam, gelatin, alcohol, liquor
Luna Zhang

I wasn't sure what to expect with this cooler, but it was a lot sweeter than I would have imagined. Think of a blood orange soda and you've got this drink down pat. It is, however, the most aesthetically pleasing drink I've ever gotten from a fast food place.

Overall, we enjoyed our Brunchfast experience, and I'd happily return if I suddenly find myself wanting brunch while studying or in the dead of the night. Depending on my craving, I'd get the bacon and egg chicken sandwich with homestyle potatoes or the orange cranberry muffins with iced coffee.

Happy Brunchfast-ing!

Sponsored by Jack in the Box, but all opinions are my own.