Canada will be celebrating its 150th year since Confederation this July and the celebrations leading up to that are going to be bigger than ever. As part of its celebration, Canada's capital, Ottawa AKA O-town, will be having its flyest event yet as it brings you the Sky Lounge.

water, wine
Photo courtesy of Ottawa 2017

The Sky Lounge is organized by Ottawa in collaboration with CIBC and Andaz Ottawa to bring fine dining to greater heights. You'll be lifted high in the air for a exhilarating dining experience. This event will run from July 7 to 22. There are different time slots — 4.30 pm to 10.30 pm — and meal experiences — cocktail and/or dinner.

wine, beer
Photo courtesy of Ottawa 2017

Tickets are currently on sale and they start from CA $165-285.

It's definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience but fret not, you'll be served by one of Ottawa's upper echelon chefs, Chef Stephen La Salle. He is the executive chef of Andaz Ottawa and has recently moved from Albion Rooms, Novotel Hotel. 

seafood, fish, sushi
Photo courtesy of Ottawa 2017

For the cocktail selections, you can expect local Canadian cheese and artisanal charcuterie being served alongside your choice of Canadian wine, Beau's Lug Tread or other non-alcoholic beverages. It's expected that you're to spend about an hour long in the air for this.

cheese
Natalie Pressman

If you're going for the gourmet dinner, it'll be three-course menu. The starter will include Labrador Tea Cured Arctic Char with Cedar-Crème Fraiche. As for the entrée, it's going to amazing braised beef poutine covered with local ingredients. Desserts served will be Maple Scented Butter Tart and assortments. This will last for about two hours.

meat, vegetable
Photo courtesy of Ottawa 2017

Every guest attending should be arriving to the welcome tent in Ottawa City Hall 30 to 4 minutes before your scheduled experience. They will welcome you Oscar-style with a red carpet that will include appetizers and an aperitif. 

After the event has ended, you're put back on the ground to stick around for some after-dinner drinks in the welcome tent.

cocktail
Anthony Nomakeo

In case you're wondering, the Sky Lounge can accommodate up to 22 individuals. Each seat is meant to be Formula one-seat style and equipped with safety belts and harness. 

tea, coffee, wine, beer
Photo courtesy of Ottawa 2017

This event is open for anyone above the age of 16 and alcoholic beverages will only be served to 19 years-old and older.

That said, are you ready for lift-off like no other?