Trendy New York City restaurants are a dime a dozen, and one of the most recognizable ones is Pietro Nolita. Definitely the pinkest restaurant in NYC, this downtown spot is known for its Insta-worthy decor as well as its brunch menu. Inside and out, everything is decorated whimsically in splashes of pink. The menu has been described as healthy, Italian home-cooking. A few weekends ago, I decided to find out if the restaurant really lived up to the hype, in terms of its food, decor, and overall Insta-worthiness. So, my first weekend back from break, I took the subway down to Spring St. and headed over to see what all the fuss was about.

Becky DiTullio

Decor

The restaurant was, as expected, overwhelmingly pink. However, it was somehow calming, and actually quite comforting. There was always something new to look at, and each sight brought about a little bit of child-like wonder. 

Becky DiTullio

Picture Perfect

The set up and lighting of the restaurant made for some beautiful pictures, and the sun shining outside didn't hurt either. The bathroom was beautifully decorated—pink, bottom to top—and the exterior made my heart sing. The spray-painted door to the left of the entrance surrounded by pink walls served as an excellent backdrop (as the hundreds of Instagrammers who have snapped pics in front of it will tell you) and brightened up the street. 

Becky DiTullio

Food

Off the brunch menu, we ordered the ricotta pancakes, eggs benedict, and the egg sandwich. Orange juice and a couple lattes were a given. While I enjoyed my pancakes and definitely enjoyed my coffee (don't I always), the food was simply that: food. It filled my stomach and looked pretty, but taste-wise, it wasn't anything special. 

Becky DiTullio

What the restaurant lacked in crazy delicious food, it made up for in character. For all I know, my visit was on an off-day and every other day the tastes are out of this world. Whatever the case, I would recommend this pinkest restaurant to anyone hoping to brighten up their day (and Instagram feed!) with a happy Italian-style brunch.