New York City is a foodie's dream but it can also be overwhelming. The sheer number of restaurants can have you eating four times a day just to try and fit everything in. On your next trip to the Big Apple, take a look at the list below so that you can spend less time searching, and more time enjoying the best food at the coolest places to eat in New York.

1. Tacombi

Tacombi started off as a converted Volkswagen bus that sold tacos on the beaches of Yucatan. That same bus now sits in their super cool Nolita restaurant. This is the place to celebrate #tacotuesday and transforms into the coolest spot for Happy Hour drinks. They carry their own brand of salsas, homemade sodas, and pressed juices and go above and beyond to source their food locally and ethically. They now have three other locations: Flatiron, Montauk and Bleecker Street.

2. The Butcher's Daughter 

Located in Soho, The Butcher's Daughter is known for their healthy juices created by their very own 'Head Juiceologist'. The restaurant is bright, airy, and filled with plants. It's the perfect place to relax on a Sunday and get brunch. If you're all about the 'avocado toast' life, this is the place that you should go to get it - they boast the best in the city.

3. Miss Lily's 

For a taste of the Caribbean, Miss Lily's has you covered serving up staples like jerk chicken, oxtail, and curried goat. There are two locations, the flagship spot in Soho and a newer restaurant in the East Village. They serve classic cocktails like 'Dark and Stormy's' that are made with homemade ginger beer, and they add fun twists to timeless drinks like the 'Dutty Wine': a Caribbean twist on Sangria. 

4. Sanctuary T

This is a restaurant where you won't feel like you're being rushed out of the door. Sanctuary T was created as a place to chill out and take your time with your meal. The restaurant is really focused around tea but not in the traditional way. They incorporate their teas into their food items and also use it as a mix for cocktails. The restaurant turns comfort food into a healthy meal that is beautifully plated. Make sure to go and get their all-day breakfast which includes creme brûlée french toast and breakfast tacos.

5. Pietro Nolita 

It may be one of the most 'Instagram-able' restaurants in New York, but the food is just as good as the all-pink decor. Pietro Nolita is a healthy Italian restaurant with a rotating menu that changes seasonally. The 50s style eatery is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and serves brunch on the weekends. With Happy Hour's twice a week, you could go here for literally any occasion. It won't be hard to find; the pink spills out onto their exterior facade. 

6. The Original Shake Shack

In the heart of Madison Square Park sits the original Shake Shack. The panoramic views of the Empire State Building and the Flatiron make this one of the coolest places to eat in New York. Comfort foods like burgers, shakes, and frozen custards are their staple items and they even have a "Woof" menu section for dog walkers. Rain, snow, or sunshine, people are always queuing up to eat at this New York classic.

7. La Pecora Bianca

If you're looking for a nice place to go for dinner and drinks that has great atmosphere and fair priced food, then make a reservation at La Pecora Bianca. With all of their pasta made in-house this restaurant is known for their amazing Italian dishes. Try the Gramigna Pasta, which is served with house-made pork sausage; it's one of their staple items. They also offer rotating seasonal dishes.

8. Cheese Grille

Grilled cheese is probably my favorite meal of all time and Cheese Grille, a small restaurant located in the Lower East Side, makes them like pros. They offer something for everyone, savory options like the Garden Melt and sweet sandwiches like the Banana Mascarpone. They even have vegan options. You can customize the sandwiches with additions like avocado, picked jalapeños, and truffle oil, or add sides like spicy tomato soup and fries.

9. Dimes

If you're a participant in the Açaí Bowl craze you will love Dimes, a restaurant known for it's amazing brunch. The New York micro-eatery is focused on making healthy food and their menu includes things like Magic Toast and Power Bowls. They are also open for dinner and drinks. If you want to be healthy while getting buzzed, try out their Wheatgrass Margarita. 

10. Eataly

Eataly is pretty much a foodie's version of Disneyland. It's not a restaurant exactly, but a market comprised of a variety of cafés, restaurants, and counters. You could eat here all week and not get the same thing twice. At 50,000 square feet, it's the largest Italian marketplace in the world. Grocery shop here by day and come back at Happy Hour for drinks and charcuterie boards by night. Whatever you're doing, this place is a must see and one of the coolest places to eat in New York.