If you live or go to school in or around Boston, you were probably familiar with the lineup of musicians at Boston Calling this year (because that red flyer was everywhere). Though the food lineup was less publicized, the line up was equally iconic. Here's a lineup of just a few of the local favorites that made an appearance.

Bon Me

Jackie O'Brien

The food served at Bon Me's eight food trucks and seven restaurants in the Boston area is inspired by the classic Vietnamese bánh mì sandwich. The Bon Me sandwich puts a spin on the classic. While the portion size is pretty big, the taste will leave you wanting more. 

The Smoke Shop

Jackie O'Brien

For meat lovers that want to eat their BBQ while exploring the ground with ease, The Smoke Shop had "The BBQ Bomb." This giant waffle cone filled with queso mac & cheese, BBQ beans, coleslaw, and the choice of brisket, pulled pork, or smoked chicken, showed off what the Cambridge and Seaport-based joint does best.

Shuck Food Truck

Jackie O'Brien

It doesn’t get fresher than oysters shucked, plated, and passed to you in under five minutes. As an added perk, Shuck also impressed with beautiful lobster rolls at Boston Calling. Originally from Cape Cod, Shuck travels in and around Boston to bring hungry Bostonians the freshest New England seafood.

Whole Heart Provisions 

Jackie O'Brien

The Allston based, vegan-friendly eatery, seemed to be a favorite at the festival. Whole Heart Provisions served up a few of its signature bowls, as well as grilled avocado and crispy chickpeas as optional toppings. Their colorful and eclectic options fit perfectly with festival vibes.

FoMu 

Jackie O'Brien

When the heat and humidity tried to take over the weekend, FoMu ice cream was there to save the day. Plus, all FoMu products are made from scratch with natural, plant-based, kosher ingredients. The ice cream is even made with coconut milk instead of cow's milk, so it's practically healthy...right?

Based on the food lineup this year, I would definitely recommend this festival for local and visiting foodies. And if you do go for the music, make sure to check out the line of food tents. I promise you will not be disappointed.