We've all had those moments where we come home from a long day of work or classes, have barely had enough time to take our shoes off, and someone asks "what's for dinner?" 

You're too tired from working all day to spend upwards of an hour slaving over a hot stove, but at the same time you are in no state to go and eat out. These are the situations takeout dining was invented for. 

We already know that Kingston has some fantastic restaurants, and while many of these places offer meals to go, there are certain places where takeout is their specialty. 

Below is a list of some of Kingston's best takeout spots. The following five restaurants treat takeout as an art form. A takeaway from these places is often just as good if not better than eating in. 

Minos Take-Out

One of Kingston’s most prominent Greek eateries also happens to be recognized as one of the best takeout joints in town. Since 1996, Minos has been providing quality greek food to residents of Kingston. They liked it so much that theres a whole takeout restaurant devoted to those who want to eat at home. 

With a menu featuring an assortment of Greek classics, such as Souvlaki and Moussaka, you really can’t go wrong here. Plus, their side potatoes are to die for. 

With locations in Kingston's West End and Downtown, as well as a dedicated takeout location in the West End, you don’t have to go far to get your Minos fix.

Minos' takeout menu is great for everything from large family dinners, to a quiet solo meal at home.

Pasta Shelf

Pasta Shelf is another one of those establishments with a recognized dine-in offering, but also stands out for their wide array of takeout pasta dishes. Most of their takeout offerings come frozen, and can be heated up whenever. This is one great way to enjoy a delicious Italian dinner, without any prep work. Their dishes are rather large in portion, and are great for big families or large gatherings.

Although this restaurant’s West End location may make it a difficult journey for many of those downtown, that hasn’t prevented it from becoming somewhat of a Kingston dining landmark.

Silver Wok

Chinese food is perhaps most synonymous with takeout and those cartons seen on 90s sitcoms. That's why Silver Wok, located in the heart of Kingston’s downtown core, is the perfect spot for takeout.

Their menu features all the standards you would expect from a typical Chinese restaurant, but their Chicken Curry is to die for!

There are so many advantages to ordering Chinese takeout, both with the variety of food you get, as well as the fact that it makes great leftovers to heat up the next day.

Jina Sushi

Sushi is another one of those foods that just seems to lend itself  well to takeout. It’s seldom messy, and usually fits into rather tight compartments.

Takeout from Jina Sushi, located just off of Queen’s campus, features some very generous portions of salad and miso soup. However, it’s the quality sushi that keeps Queen’s students coming back. 

Bubba's Poutine and Pizzeria

While the Pizza at this downtown gem is some of the best in town, what makes this place a landmark is their poutine. Accurately coined "the best damn poutine in Kingston", this dish of french fries, cheese curds, and gravy is the ultimate comfort food.   

Located on King Street in the heart of Downtown Kingston, the Original Bubba's has been delighting the taste buds of this town's hungriest since 1982. 

Like any good pizza place, Bubba's even offers delivery, so there's no excuses next time you're in the mood for pizza, poutine, hamburgers, or all of the above!  

Mike Mundell's Surf and Turf

While here in Canada we usually think of takeout as pizza or Chinese, across the pond there's one dish synonymous with the takeaway; Fish and Chips

In Kingston, you can find Fish and Chips on the menu at pretty much any pub, but there's one location which specializes in serving the dish to-go. Mike Mundell's Surf and Turf, located in Kingston's East End has been offering up fried haddock or halibut, with a side of fries and a lemon, for over 20 years. 

If Fish and Chips isn't your thing, you can also find a wide array of other fresh seafood on offering. Also, their house-made potato chips are to die for! 

No matter the occasion, there's always a restaurant in Kingston catered to your needs. When a night with Netflix and a worry free meal is what's in order, chances are one of these 5 restaurants will get the job done.