Well, just like that, the semester is now halfway over. We have officially swapped our shorts for leggings, our jean jackets for puffer coats, and have started our attempt at fitting the size of a 507 tailgate in DJ's. Hoods up, frackets out, Ubers on call, 'cause it's gonna be a long, hard, and— judging from how many houses are actually left standing— quiet winter.

But first! Before you break out your Gooses and drown your sorrows by trading in your nights out for nights in, there's just enough time to squeeze in our last moments of fall. Only a few weeks ago were we wearing skirts at our tailgates while showing off our last bits of our summer tan. Don't let our dreadful Syracuse winters stop us from completing our fall bucket lists. Before Thanksgiving break rolls through, layer up and make our autumn last by appreciating all of what Syracuse's eateries have to offer in their fall specials. If you're looking for the last tastes of fall, here are the few hotspots where you can find all of fall's favorite flavors. 

Sweet Potato Ravioli - Pastabilities 

If you want the epitome of fall in a pasta dish, Pastabilities has you covered. Pastabilities' annual sweet potato ravioli is a once-in-a-carb experience, topped with toasted almond cream and roasted sweet potato that will without a doubt melt in your mouth. Whether you're going for a post-tailgate hungover meal or planning on bringing your family here to show off Armory Square, taste what fall has to offer. Diet starts tomorrow, right? 

Pecan Praline Pumpkin Pancakes - Rise N Shine

Wake up and do fall the basic way. Did fall even happen if you didn't at least get something pumpkin-infused into your meal? Ditch the Pumpkin Spice from Starbs (because we all know that's chemically flavored anyway) and taste the season through a pancake sugar rush. What better way to cure your hangover? 

Apple-Cinnamon Pancakes - Eleven Waters

Need I say more? Eleven Waters has your autumnal go-tos covered. Did you know Eleven Waters is only down a couple of blocks from campus? If you have a car and are looking for a nice brunch to get you full, festive, and even tipsy, Eleven Waters is your brunch hotspot. Once you've downed a mimosa, inhaled pancakes with apples and cinnamon sugar, and apple toast topped with ricotta and honey, you'll feel like a king. Eleven Waters' buffet will keep you full until the holidays, I promise you! 

Apple Crisp in a Jar - Pastabilities

Whether you're going to Pastabilities for the pasta or the dessert, share this fall delight with your friends (totally fine not to share too). If you're going for the pasta, finish it off right. I can promise you the line is worth the wait. Streusel topped with apple crisp ice cream? Who needs Halloween candy when you have this house-made dessert?

Cider and the Doughnut - Beak & Skiff

Beak & Skiff is the ultimate road trip to add to your fall bucket list. Not only is this orchard awarded as USA Today's #1 Apple Orchard in the Country, but Beak & Skiff will answer all of your autumnal needs. Their apple picking drives you right to the location of apples that are ready to be picked. Their tasting room filled with hard ciders will leave you in a seasonal daze.

Lastly, their heavenly bakery leaves you with endless options as to what to choose from. My go-to? The classic warm apple cider along with a cider doughnut sprinkled with cinnamon. With a cup of hot cider and a breathtaking view, you'll feel an escape from the Syracuse campus and will truly experience what upstate has to offer in their fall season. Don't forget to bring half a dozen doughnuts home for your friends who didn't make the field trip! 

Witches Cauldron - Rise N Shine

Dig in to this spooky monstrosity to start your morning. Get stared down by this beverage and let you and your friends attack this Halloween-themed specialty. Pregame your meal with this refreshment and pray you won't get sick from the sugar later. Maybe arrange a DD in case the sugar gets to your head on the ride home? 

Pumpkin Waffle - Mello Velo

Keep the season going at Mello Velo! The picturesque treat will make you let your phone eat first. After, let your teeth sink in this bike shop cafe's seasonal specialty. Ditch Stella's line that always ends up out the door and hit this cafe up instead. Keep calm, brunch on, and keep Mello Velo lowkey.