You can find the small town of Newark, Delaware between two major cities, Philadelphia and Baltimore. The main street that runs through the town, also called Main Street, is lined with an assortment of boutiques, bagel stores, fast food chains, coffee shops, bars, and family restaurants. Many of these family restaurants offer Friday night deals or live entertainment to draw in crowds. Here are the 8 best Friday night date spots you can spend with your significant other.

1. Vita Nova

Cooked and prepared by Delaware's finest business and hospitality students, Vita Nova serves nothing but delicious  meals. The restaurant offers an award-winning lunch buffet during the week days, and a four course dinner menu Wednesday through Friday. The wait for reservations at Vita Nova is months long, so make sure you plan in advance for your Valentines Day date!

Haley Gerstein

2. Iron Hill Brewery 

For a place that is packed on Friday nights, the staff will make sure to seat you as soon as possible and provide the best service. The local brewery carries everything from fried cauliflower to soft pretzel sticks to grilled falafel burgers. Here's a secret: the best time of the year to go to Iron Hill is when you can sit in the outside seating area. Watching the sunset in shorts and flip flops, while enjoying Iron Hill's finest menu, is hard to beat.

3. Caffe Gelato

The daily twelve flavors of gelato are not the only good thing that comes out of Caffe Gelato. My dads favorite restaurant to eat on Main Street is Caffe Gelato because of the small town feel, but also the amazing, local food. For the 21 and up club, Caffe Gelato offers over 200 flavors of wine to choose from. Don't have a date? Make a wine night with a bunch of friends and enjoy some gelato afterwards.

Haley Gerstein

4. Taverna 

Taverna is the hidden gem of Main Street. Its dark yet romantic vibe that it gives off is perfect for Friday or Saturday date night. The grilled artichoke with lemon and arugula is the perfect shareable appetizer to go along side the options of pizza, pasta, seafood for your main dish. Their happy hour deals are nothing but the best, with $4 beer, $5 wine, and a wide assortment of small plates. 

Haley Gerstein

5. The Stone Balloon

Where have Bruce Springsteen, Metallica, and the Dave Matthews Band all played? If you guessed Stone Ballon, you are right! Back in the old days, The Stone Ballon was one of a bar scene where up and coming musicians used to come to entertain college students. Now re-molded, it is a sit down family restaurant for all ages. The menu has all sorts of fine dining, many that your significant other will love.

6. Grain Craft Bar and Kitchen

The walk down Main Street is something that should not stop you from eating at Grain—nothing like a romantic stroll anyway, right? Grain's outdoor seating area is one of the best in Newark, and its menu is the real deal maker. Their brunch menu has everything one could want, and the dinner menu exceeds all expectations. Soups, salads, sandwiches, and other handhelds are served with their homemade potato chips. 

7. Homegrown Cafe

Homegrown Cafe prides itself on the slogan "fresh food for vegans, vegetarian, carnivorous, and gluten- sensitive lifestyle." I especially love a meat friendly restaurant, but I love how Homegrown has something for everyone. Take your date to Homegrown and order their famous cauliflower wings, stuffed avocado small plate, or their braised short rib mac and cheese!

Haley Gerstein

8. Sante Fe Mexican Grill

Margaritas with chips and guacamole are what Santa Fe is known for. Take your significant other out to happy hour, or immerse yourself completely with a meal inside. On some weekend evenings, there is even live music to enjoy along side your tacos.

There are many date night spots on Main Street in Newark, Delaware. Next time your significant other wants to take you out, give them this list! You will be sure to have a good time.