Whether it's a quick bite on Marshall Street or going for dinner in Downtown Syracuse, here are the top 7 restaurants in 'CUSE that freshmen students must try:

1. Bleu Monkey Cafe

Here you will find a vast array of nigiri and rolls, as well as make-your-own poke bowls. Bleu Monkey is definitely a go-to for freshmen when they want to grab lunch or dinner close to campus. Their Bento Boxes are the perfect option to try their different plates all in one.

2. Strong Hearts on the Hill

Vegan-friendly, they offer various options that you can get in a wrap, salad, or sandwich. Strong Hearts on the Hill is extremely convenient to avoid the dining hall and grab a healthy lunch that you can take to your dorm (or anywhere else on campus). Don’t forget to order a dairy-free smoothie or milkshake to go with your food.

3. Pastabilities

This Italian restaurant in downtown is the perfect place to go for freshmen pasta lovers. You can combine any type of pasta with any of their sauces, giving you lots of pasta possibilities. Don’t forget to order the Spicy Hot Tomato Oil before you get your pasta! #SpoonTip: they don't take reservations, so be ready to wait until you get your table.

4. Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

A Syracuse classic, Dinosaur has options for every meat-lover. Whether it is the ribs or the brisket, you can’t go wrong. It is the perfect place to go for any special occasion, and a must-visit for freshmen.

5. Original Grain

The ‘hipster’ restaurant in Syracuse, at Original Grain you can find various bowls and salads that are delicious for lunch or dinner. Go there during the weekend to try their toasts and smoothie bowls for brunch.

6. Francesca’s

At Francesca’s, you can find anything from pasta to traditional Italian delicacies. The ambiance of the restaurant will make you feel like you are in New York City, and the food will make you feel like you are in Rome.

7. Faegan’s Pub

Located at the end of Marshall Street, this place is great to grab traditional American food and amazing salads. It is great to go sit down and grab lunch or dinner after a long day of classes, or if you’re trying to avoid the freshmen dining hall during the weekend.