Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry... We all have a different favorite flavor, but one thing we can all agree on is that ice cream is the perfect treat.

Moving to a new place can make it difficult to find the best place to grab a good scoop of ice cream. I know that when I first came to Penn State I was not exactly sure where I could get the perfect ice cream cone. Except I quickly found that Penn State has some of the best ice cream around!

Below are the 7 best places to grab ice cream at Penn State:

1. Penn State Berkey Creamery

People have been known to travel near and far just to try the Penn State Berkey Creamery. This happens to be a Penn State staple and has some of the best ice cream  I have ever tasted. With their large servings and delicious milkshakes the Berkey Creamery should not be missed no matter how long the lines may get. Be sure to get the blue and white sprinkles to show your Penn State pride!

2. Meyer Dairy Store

It wasn't until late in my sophomore year of college that I discovered the Meyer Dairy Store and I can honestly say that I am a little sad that I didn't find it sooner. With their old-school vibe and variety of flavors, I definitely recommend taking the trip off campus and away from downtown to try their delicious ice cream. Keep in mind though that it is cash only

3. Happy Buns

Happy Buns may be new to State College, but it has quickly become a student favorite. Happy Buns combines two classics- donuts and ice cream. Every delicious flavor of ice cream is stuffed between a donut and rolled in a topping of your choice. Since Happy Buns is conveniently located in the heart of downtown State College there is no reason not to try it.

4. Momotaro

Momotaro brought the infamous rolled ice cream trend to State College. Not only does this cute little spot offer ice cream, but they serve drinks like bubble tea, and a variety of other desserts. No matter what you are in the mood for, Momotaro has a sweet treat that will satisfy anyone.

5. Cold Stone Creamery

I know that Cold Stone Creamery has locations around the country, but at Penn State, they literally deliver. So, if you're  having one of those nights where you just can not even think about leaving your bed or if you are busy cramming for an upcoming exam, you can still get ice cream! Additionally, due to its ability to be customized, even the pickiest can find something yummy at Cold Stone

6. Dairy Queen

Although I have a Dairy Queen at home, many people are not as lucky, making having a store at Penn State a treat! Dairy Queen has been one of my go-to ice cream spots since I was little so I was super excited to find out that they have a location near Penn State. I can now get my favorite blizzard all year round. Be sure to go on free cone day...the line is worth it

7. Yogurt Express

Yes, I know that Yogurt Express is a frozen yogurt place and not technically ice cream, but did you know they also serve Berkey Creamery Ice Cream? So, if you don't want to make the trek to the creamery or if the line is absurdly long, you can still get it! Yogurt Express also offers frozen yogurt of course, as well as, acai bowls and smoothies. So, if you're not in the mood for ice cream they can still find something

State College have so much to offer when it comes to food in general, and especially ice cream. No matter where you choose to go you will quickly find a favorite. Something that will surely make you scream for ice cream!