As a New Hampshire native myself, I have been exploring and eating my way through the state since I was a kid. Although New Hampshire is typically forgotten, or considered to be found in the middle of no where, people forget that New Hampshire is home to some of the most delicious food in the country. With roughly thirteen miles of coastline, and loads of organic farms, some pretty amazing meals are served every day. Here are some of New Hampshire's best restaurants, according to a NH native.

Street Food 360

poutine, bacon, french fries, cheese
Gilly Cole

Street is Portsmouth, New Hampshire's most unique restaurant. It serves food from around the world, offering "street food" from places like Asia, Cuba, and more. Street is one of Portsmouth's most popular destinations, and has recently gained some pretty major attention. Guy Fieri brought his famous show, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives to Street, and Lena Dunham, and Abby Wombach were recent customers as well. 

Applecrest Farm Bistro

Another one of my personal favorites is Applecrest. This restaurant is set in the center of an apple orchard. Everything that the bistro serves is farm fresh, and organic. If you are looking to eat local, this is the best place to try next. The charcuterie board complete with fresh meats, and organic homemade cheeses, as seen above, is one of many menu favorites. Spend a fall afternoon apple-picking in Hampton, NH, and then indulge in a delectable dinner. 

Bar One

Bar One is a new restaurant in Milford, NH, that is taking a classy twist on Southern comfort foods. This new spot is best known for the creative cocktails, think Poached Apple Caramel Cheesecake Martini, and dishes like Duck Confit Poutine. Visit the south of New Hampshire, and find yourself relaxing with some Southern hospitality, New England style. 

The Birch on Elm

The Birch on Elm is your newest Sunday Brunch spot. The new restaurant in Manchester, New Hampshire has been making headlines. The cozy interior creates a simple, pleasurable atmosphere to dine in. Any dish is served in one of three different sizes, to please any appetite, and the cocktails are out of this world. My recommended Brunch meal: Avocado Toast, Granola Parfait, and Fresh Fruit. 

Jumpin Jay's Fish Cafe

Portsmouth is the epicenter of food in New Hampshire. My hometown, set right on the coastline, is known for its seafood. Jumpin' Jay's Fish Cafe is the best of the best when it comes to seafood in New Hampshire. The restaurant has a regular menu, a Raw Bar menu, and chilled drinks that will steal the spotlight. Next time you're in the mood for a fresh piece of fish, or a wonderful platter of oysters, come down to this coastal beauty. 

Lexie's Joint

Lexie's Joint has a motto that says it all: Peace. Love. Burgers. Here is THE place to swing by if you are in the mood for a mind-blowing, life-changing burger. Paired with some spicy Sriracha aioli fries, or a Chocolate Milkshake, Lexie's Joint serves up the best casual, yet delicious dinner in all of New Hampshire. 

Cava

chili, cilantro, sour cream, salsa
Gilly Cole

Cava is another place in Portsmouth, NH that you must try. The Mediteranean style tapas will blow your mind. The menu is never consistent, so each time you go there are more, delicious dishes to try. Featured above are my personal favorite: The Chickpea Fries with cucumber yogurt and tabbouleh... heavenly. 

La Festa 

Located in downtown Dover, NH, La Festa is the perfect place to get a late night slice. In addition to the bomb pizza, they also serve cinnamon and garlic knots which top of every meal. If you're looking for your hefty serving of carbs, look no further. 

Atlantic Grill 

Another great place to go if you're craving some freshly caught fish, is the Atlantic Grill. The owners are prominent members of the community, and their newly opened restaurant is tied to many local organizations. Spend the day at any of New Hampshire's beautiful beaches, then take the two minute drive to the Grill, you won't regret it. 

Minto Bistro 

New Hampshire's proximity to the ocean has made the state an excellent place to go to get fresh sushi. Mint Bistro is a highly ranked Asian Fusion and sushi joint, that is the spot to stop for some rolls in Manchester, NH. Rye

Laney & Lu

Laney & Lu, located in downtown Exeter, NH, is heaven for any healthy foodie. The menu complete with acai bowls, buddha bowls, and golden lattes is enough to make anyone swoon. If you're trying to eat clean in 2017, this is where you should be headed. 

The Rosa

If you need your weekly pasta fix, look no further than the historic Rosa Restaurant. The Rosa is Portsmouth, NH's oldest running restaurant and serves up high-class Italian food using authentic, and original recipes. The open-kitchen concept allows customers to watch the dishes be prepared, while enjoying the delicious smells wafting through the restaurant.

The Barley House  

The Barley House, located in North Hampton, NH, serves up some tasty dishes like, Spinach Artichoke Dip, Mac n Cheese and Chicken, and a Korean BBQ style Burger. Tell me those don't sound delicious. 

Collins Brothers Chowder Co.

You simply cannot come to New Hampshire without trying a cup of the classic New England Clam Chowder. There is no better place to get it then the Collins Brothers Chowder Co. Along with clam chowder, special soups are served daily. Check it out in Nashua, NH.  

The Portsmouth Brewery

Beer Lovers? Look no further. The Portsmouth Brewery is home to some of the best beer in NH. The menu is complete with yummy salads and excellent entrees. The fries are unbelievable too. The Brewery is very involved in Portsmouth's community by supporting local organizations, and by being a local gathering space. Chelsea Clinton has even spoken on behalf of her mother, right inside the Brewery. 

Hungry yet? If these options just weren't enough for you, check out this list for the best Pizzerias and Ethnic Foods found in NH, or this list for the best drinks, and pub food. If you thought New Hampshire didn't offer some damn good food, think again.