The most wonderful time of year is coming and here are the top 12 Christmas festivities in College Station to help ring in the holiday spirit. From Christmas lights to baking delights, there is an activity for everyone. Pull out the Christmas sweaters, put on the jingle jams, and gather up your gang because it's time to get LIT.

Holiday Magic in Downtown Bryan

Lindsey Rau

On November 30th form 5:30-8:30PM, head to Sue Haswell Memorial Park in downtown Bryan for train rides, holiday games, Christmas lights, and REAL snow. This event is free, open to the public, and a great start to welcoming the Christmas spirit!

Christmas in the Park

Lindsey Rau

Starting Thanksgiving and ending on New Years, Stephen C. Beachy Central Park will be decked out in Christmas lights for everyone to walk around and look at. This one goes out to all you college students who are too broke for Santa's Wonderland, but still want to see Christmas lights in College Station.

#SpoonTip: Bring a Thermos of Hot Chocolate to sip on while you stroll

Santa’s Wonderland 

Lindsey Rau

When it comes to a Christmas spectacular, this stop sleighs all day. From hayrides, to petting zoos, to campfires and nightly Texas snow, Santa's Wonderland is the closest College Station can get to the North Pole. This is a great place for friends, family, OR that special someone you wanna smooch under the mistletoe. ;) 

Ice Skate with Santa

Starting Saturday December 2nd, get your ice skating on at Spirit Ice Area with ya boy Santa Claus! Time to show off your spins and twirls and skate your way onto the nICE list. 

Selfie with Santa

Carlotta Esposito

Meet Santa Claus at the mall, it's goin' down. From November 10 through December 24, visit Santa in the Post Oak Mall JCPenny's court just like old times. This Christmas festivity is a classic and the pictures will last a lifetime! 

Jingle Bell Fun Run

Lindsey Rau

Calling all fitness fanatics, get ready to be dashing through the {fake} snow at the 28th annual Jingle Bell Fun Run on December 3rd. This run is only two miles, BUT that is two miles more than I could run, so props to you. Preceding the fun run, will be the B/CS 91st Christmas Parade. 

Christmas Parades

Hennie Xing

The 91st annual B/CS Parade kicks off the holiday season on December 3rd at 2PM right after the Jingle Bell Fun Run. Then on December 8th at 6:30PM, the streets of Bryan College Station will be filled with dazzling floats covered in millions of Christmas lights at the Lighted Christmas Parade. Both of these parades are free, fun, and festive! 

Baking Christmas Cookies

cookie, sweet, gingerbread, candy, pastry, cake, chocolate
Kristine Mahan

If you have a sweet tooth like me, Christmas time means baking time and let's face it, there is never a wrong time to BAKE some spirits bright with Christmas cookies! Are you a sugar cookie or a gingerbread cookie?! Find out HERE and believe in the magic...of cookies.

#SpoonTip: Invite friends over and have a cookie decorating contest

25 Days of Christmas Marathon

Lindsey Rau

You know it's Christmas time when Freeform's 25 Days of Christmas schedule is released and every student in College Station is streaming it on their computers in class/at the library. Invite your holiday hunk over and cozy up on the couch because this year's line up is stacked.

Ugly Christmas Sweater Party

ice
Claire Tromblee

Sweater weather is better weather, especially when it's an UGLY Christmas Sweater. Call up your grandparents to see if they have any snazzy sweaters you could borrow and invite your friends over for an Ugly Christmas Sweater party. 

#SpoonTip: Forget t-shirt Tuesday, it's all about ugly sweater Saturday at NG

Hot Chocolate and S'mores

Lindsey Rau

Nothing tastes better in the winter time than hot chocolate and s'mores by the fire. If you don't have a fireplace or just want to spice things up, here's how to make s'mores 3 different ways.

Decorate

Lindsey Rau

Round up your roommates because decorating for Christmas is the best festivity. For all your Christmas decoration desires, head over to Target, Walmart, or even Big Lots. Make your house feel like a home with Christmas lights, candles, and of course a tree!

So ladies and gents, if I still have your attention, IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME IN COLLEGE STATION AND WE HAVE TO CELEBRATE. These 12 Christmas festivities are just a glimpse of all the wonderful things to do in College Station. Whether you stay in to watch movies or go out to look at lights, always remember the reason for the season! Merry Christmas, Thanks & Gig Em :)