After living in the city for over three years, I am still reluctant to settle when it comes to exploring cuisines and Atlanta restaurants. Atlanta's food scene never disappoints its local residents and tourists with its diversity, originality, and hospitality. You can easily run into a neighborhood with numerous food choices that toss you into an endless struggle to choose just one. 

Did you know there is a restaurant in Atlanta where you can travel through different culinary traditions around the globe for dinner for every 90 days? Have you tried the Michelin-rated Ramen in Atlanta? What about a place where you can enjoy oysters alongside a fancy donut? Whether you are looking for a place to spice up date nights, family reunions, or a casual weekend brunch, here are ten must-try restaurants in Atlanta you definitely do not want to miss in 2022.

1. Whiskey Bird – Boujee Brunch (with Frosé!)

Located in the Lenox Park neighborhood, Whiskey Bird features a local brunch where you can treat yourself with family and friends on a Sunday morning. You can't pass through the neighborhood without taking an extra glimpse of the marble white bird bricks decorated by talented local artists. 

Charlotte He

Allured by its creative flare, one can also explore their menu that ranges from Asian-fusion appetizers, to protein-loaded salads, to giant burritos. My favorite dish is their Hong-Kong-style fried chicken and waffles. Topped with fresh strawberries and mangoes, the mild, fruity sweetness met with the saltiness of the crispy chicken gives you a nice kick to start the weekend. 

Charlotte He

Notably, Whiskey Bird serves a delicious Frosé and a variety of other cocktails for brunch. Want to relax and loosen up a little bit? Sip some Frosé while taking a bite of their key lime bar.

Charlotte He

2. Le Bon Nosh – Bonjour Paris

Gorgeous pastries, intelligentsia coffee, Paris-like decor, romantic wine bar, dinner made out of fresh ingredients. Need I say more? Le Bon Nosh is the ultimate place to can satisfy all your fantasies for a delicate dining experience. Opened by engineer-turned-chef and Georgia Tech alumna Forough Vakili, Le Bon Nosh curates fresh artisan breads, a wide selection of wines, and dinner plates that are both aesthetically appealing and soothing to the taste buds. 

Charlotte He
Charlotte He

Remember, though, if you want to give their freshly baked pastries a try, sleeping in would not be a smart choice. Coffee is served all day, but you must find a good spot in the restaurant before the pastries run out. 

Charlotte He
Charlotte He
Charlotte He
Charlotte He

3. BeetleCat – Oysters? Donuts? Go!

Want to taste savory oysters in Atlanta without hustling to travel to the coast? BeetleCat is the place to fulfill your desire for fresh seafood with a Southern touch. Led by executive chef Andrew Isabella and located in the vibrant Inman Park neighborhood, BeetleCat is the hot place among locals, who walk in without taking off their suits on a Friday night and divulge in a laid-back dinner date featuring classic cocktails and creative seafood dishes. 

Charlotte He
Charlotte He
Charlotte He
Charlotte He

Aside from their signature oysters, BeetleCat also invites all donut-lovers to their weekend brunch where various donuts are offered. 

4. Okiboru Tsukmen & Ramen – Michelin Stamped 

If you are a die-hard ramen fan and still have not ventured into Okiboru Tsukmen & Ramen, you are missing out. The only Michelin-starred ramen location in ATL, Okiboru serves a crafted Tsukmen - "the dipping ramen" - where you are provided a bowl of soup and a separate bowl of noodles. Brewed to a perfect thickness with umami from its ingredients, the broth is the eye-catching main dish rather than the noodles. For appetizers, I would recommend the Ebi Karrage and Garlic Nori Fries. The fries, especially, served hot with light garlicky flavor and sesame salt, are a perfect match while you savor a sip of sake.

Charlotte He
Charlotte He
Charlotte He
Charlotte He
Charlotte He

5. The Iberian Pig – Cozy Tapas

How can anyone resist the temptation of a tapas night? The Iberian Pig, with two locations in Buckhead and Decatur, showcases the glamour of modern Spanish Tapas while maintaining the intimacy of a cozy restaurant. 

After ordering your wine or cocktail, you can relax over a charcuterie board while waiting for your tapas. There are numerous tapas choices, including lobster croquettes, grilled octopus, and goat cheese stuffed peppers. 

Charlotte He
Charlotte He

6. The White Bull – Classy and Trendy Dinner

Charlotte He

In the same neighborhood of Iberian Pig, The White Bull is a secret treasure in Decatur's downtown square. A farm-forward Italian restaurant serving dishes featuring seasonal ingredients, The White Bull prides itself on a dedication to sustainably grown local products while preserving the balance between classics and modernity. With the elegant indoor decor and warm lighting, The White Bull is the place for a Girls' Night Out or a family reunion. 

Charlotte He
Charlotte He

7. Chai Yo Modern Thai – Sexy, Sweet, Spicy

Charlotte He

If you are an adventurous foodie and like to spice up your culinary experience by trying Thai cuisine, you should try Chai Yo Modern Thai, located in Buckhead. With the combination of sweetness and spiciness in their dishes alongside plenty of curated cocktails, it is a modern, sexy spot for a date night or an anniversary celebration. 

You can also request an exclusive chef's table, where chef and owner Deedee Niyomkul engages you with 6 to 8 courses in an interactive, private dining experience. 

Charlotte He

8. Nagomiya – Dine in a Green Oasis

Charlotte He

I know, I know. Atlanta's sushi scene is already thriving on its own. But who can resist such a unique dining experience, immersed in greenery as if you were dining in the middle of an oasis? A Japanese-owned eatery, Nagomiya provides its Midtown residents with a refreshing eatery where you can try crafted cocktails, artisan sushi, and delicate desserts all at once. Their omakase meal, where the head chef curates a dining experience for the customers, is also available for reservation. Next time you are in Midtown and want to escape the urban hustle, Nagomiya provides that long-awaited breeze.

Charlotte He
Charlotte He

9. Shoya Izakaya – Sip Without Guilt

Charlotte He

An old friend to Atlanta's foodie scene, Shoya Izakaya continues to thrive in Doraville with its hospitable service and warmth. Although it is more than an ideal dinner place, I would most highly recommend trying a late night treat there. Open until 11:30, Shoya Izakaya stays true to its meaning as "Izakaya", a sake shop that allows customers to sit and drink to their heart's content. Order a sake or two, or try their signature Shochu Sour with different fruity flavors to choose from (Yuzu Sour is my personal favorite!). Wrap up your night over a couple of appetizers or skewers - and don't forget to try the Gobo Stick, made out of the delicious fried burdock. Or, for a sweeter finish, sample their green tea tempura-fried ice cream finished with a decadent chocolate drizzle.

Charlotte He
Charlotte He
Charlotte He
Charlotte He

10. The Consulate – Travel the Globe!

Unsure of what to eat? Need a little surprise in your life? The Consulate is right for you. As the name suggests, The Consulate could not be more fascinating, with its menu changing completely every 90 days. Essentially taking you to a different part of the globe, whether it be Ethiopia, Romania, Denmark or even Greenland, The Consulate never disappoints you with an opportunity to try new cuisines.

Hopefully, the restaurants listed above give you a line-up of eateries that you can look forward to the next time you dine out. Atlanta, boasting a growing culinary scene with such diverse flavors, will certainly continue to offer supreme dining experience for its locals and tourists.