It’s no secret that cheese can be addicting. It’s great in just about any form — melted, string, cubed, crumbled — and the highlight of a charcuterie board or platter. But what about as a jewelry piece? It wouldn’t be uncommon. Last year Magnum Ice Cream partnered with Stephanie Gottlieb for its ‘More is More’ collection and Sofia Coppola collaborated with Catbird on a jewelry collection featuring two wine-inspired charms. Now, it’s Velveeta’s turn. The cheese brand is partnering with celebrity designer George The Jeweler on a lip cuff that represents the Velveeta cheesy drip.  

What’s Velveeta and George The Jeweler’s cheesy drip lip cuff? 

Photo by Simran Bajwa

Velveeta and George The Jeweler partnered to create the 14 Karat Gold Velveeta Drip Lip Cuff. Priced at $77, this cuff will literally drip off your lip — just like melted cheese. The “drip” is 19mm long by 10mm wide, crafted in genuine 14 Karat Gold, and can easily bend its shape to fit any lip.

In the fashion world (and in slang), “drip” is used to describe someone with great and cool style. According to the press release, jewelry trend reports predicted liquified shapes and face jewelry “will be all the rage this year.”

Cue in Velveeta.

“No one knows the ‘drip’ like Velveeta – from the physical drip of our supremely creamy cheese to the confident and unapologetic drip that embodies living ‘La Dolce Velveeta,’” said Stephanie Vance, Brand Manager for Velveeta, in the press release. “As a brand that’s all about making outrageous pleasure a way of life, our new lip cuff empowers people to boldly step out with an unapologetic confidence that encourages you to live life by your own rules.”

The limited edition piece is available for purchase exclusively at georgethejeweler.com